MARCHers going to goal!

jennb40
on 10/2/07 8:38 pm - Nashua, NH
You control your future, your destiny. What you think about comes about. By recording your dreams and goals on paper, you set in motion the process of becoming the person you most want to be. Put your future in good hands - your own.....Mark Victor Hansen We do control our future, our destiny. Some of that control and future started when we made the conscious decision to have weight loss surgery. What we thought about came about - we thought long and hard before we made that final decision to have this surgery. We set in motion the process of becoming the person we most wanted to be. HOWEVER....since beginning this process we have been successful, BUT we have a little way to go to get to the final goal. We must put our future in our own good hands and we must reach our goal. Now whether recording your dreams and goals on paper will be the answer - I don't know for sure. I am not a "writing it down on paper person", but I know many of you are. I personallly have never kept a diary - well I did once when I was 10 until my younger sister found it...and the key that opened it...and read to my mother those things you think about your mother when you are mad, but wouldn't dare say outloud! At that point in my young life I concluded the only diary I needed was between my ears!!!! So I don't write down goals and dreams - I keep them in my head. Perhaps you are a person who writes down these things. Just for today - let's try an exercise. Get a piece of paper and on it write "I will follow the rules today in order to get to my goal"....post it in front of you. No one who happens to see it will have any idea that the goal is to get to goal weight!!!! Whenever you decide to make a wrong choice - look at that paper and see if you are following the rules.....you know them by now! Vitamins, water, exercise and protein!!! I will be MIA the next few days. We are leaving tomorrow for 4 fun filled days with my son and his family in Nashville. We are taking our 4 year old granddaughter to the zoo on Friday - which will result in a great opportunity for walking!!!! Rick has graciously agreed to post my motivational messages Thursday, Friday and Monday. I will be back with you on Tuesday! Put your future starting today in YOUR GOOD HANDS!!!! You can do it MARCHers - you can make the right decisions. Will you meet your goal today? Hugs to all...Barbara
Laura A.
on 10/3/07 12:11 am - Manteca, CA
Good Morning Barb....and fellow MARCHers, I'm not sure where I'm supposed to post my walking tallies each day....but for 10/2, I walked 1.5 miles on the treadmill and then 2 miles during the day with my pedometer....for a total of 3.5 miles. I took some things down to Goodwill yesterday and thought I'd look in the store to see if there was anything "I couldn't live without". I found a real leather skirt....that fit me!!!...for $3.50. And yes, I bought it... because I just couldn't live without it!!! hahaha Part of the 2 miles on the pedometer was walking up and down every isle through that Goodwill store.....I had to look at EVERYTHING!! OK, I'm off to chemotherapy....have a great day everyone.
jennb40
on 10/3/07 5:35 am - Nashua, NH
Laura - you are my hero - definitely you are a very amazing woman! Bet you look pretty tough in that leather skirt!!!! You go girl! Take care of yourself...hugs and prayers going your way. Barbara
~ Stylz ~
on 10/3/07 9:58 am - North of Boston, MA
you are absolutely incredible Ms. Goozie.. a roll model for all of us don't you love the goodwill store? here its called "salvation army store".. funny story that I've posted before, but incase you haven't heard it... I was in the dressing room and the lady next to me was trying clothes on and her daughter was in the next stall trying on clothes. the daughter asked her mom if she could get 2 pair of jeans. the mom said sure and proceeded to say, I told your brother he could get 1 pair of jeans at jc penny or come to "SALS" and buy a few pair for the price of 1... I thought to myself... SALS?? ooohhh Salvation Army! lol now my friends and I say we're going to Sals to shop! great deal on the skirt! I found a pair of suede pants a few months ago for $5! Something I always wanted, so I said why not.. even if I dont wear them, they were only $5 and they'll end up here again!
Laura A.
on 10/3/07 12:22 am - Manteca, CA
Oh...SORRY....now I see the post wher we're supposed to give you a weekly tally this weekend. I have always been bad about not reading ALL of the directions before I start asking questions. Geesh, some things change and some things don't. hahaha
Rick A.
on 10/3/07 12:48 am - Far Northern, CA
Barbara, I don't know if I'm a "write it down person", but I am a list maker. Either on paper or in my head. I like to be able to cross things off the list. It gives me a feeling of accomplishment. So with that in mind and your daily reminder I will now take my vitamins and cross that off my mental list of "must dos" for today. Have a great weekend with the grandkids. Rick
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views