MARCHers going to goal!

jennb40
on 9/30/07 8:54 pm - Nashua, NH
Enter every activity without giving mental recognition to the possibility of defeat. Concentrate on your strengths instead of your weaknesses, on your powers instead of your problems.....Paul J. Meyer What are our strengths? What are our weaknesses? What are our powers? What are our problems? Our strenghts were pretty much determined when we made the decision to have WLS. Our weaknesses is what got us to the point of needing WLS!!!! What are our powers? Our power is to continue on with this journey until we meet our goal and then our power is to continue to maintain our weight loss. Our problems we face right now is the need to get to goal and what we can do to overcome those problems that are preventing us from getting to goal. Talk about strength? What about Laura A. making a decision to walk in our October walk-a-thon...talk about problems? She is going through chemotherapy and yet she is making an effort to walk. What a woman...talk about power? She is my hero! So in conclusion - we have the strength to continue on to make our goal...our weakness is if we chose to make the wrong decisions. We have the power to make the right decisions - more water, take our vitamins, more exercise, more protein and our problem is when we make the conscious decision to not follow the rules. What strength will you exhibit today and what power will you have to overcome the wrong decisions? Enter every activity without giving mental recognition to the possibility of defeat - you can do it MARCHers going to goal!!!! Hugs to all...Barbara
Stephanie Smiles
on 10/1/07 1:18 am - My Town, NH
Morning Barbara! My strength today has more to do with willpower. I'm going to really focus on protein, protein, protein and water, water, water today. I'm also going to get in a three mile walk tonight with my husband before dinner. No defeat happening over here! Have a great day! Hugs, Stephanie
jennb40
on 10/1/07 6:15 am - Nashua, NH
You go girl....poor Pete!!!! Focus focus on protein protein and water water!!!!
Rick A.
on 10/1/07 1:25 am - Far Northern, CA
Barbara, I agree with you, Laura is my hero also. I wish to donate my miles walked to her. It is the least I can do. I have many new strengths that I didn't have before. The problem is I still have those underlying weakness lurking under the surface. I just have to let the strength's be stronger then my old desires for the wrong kinds of foods. I now have a tool to help overcome my old ways. I will WIN this battle in the long run. Have a great day, Rick
jennb40
on 10/1/07 6:14 am - Nashua, NH
Ahhhhh Rick - you are such a gentleman! We are lucky to count you among us!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views