Who will walk across the US?

Rick A.
on 9/27/07 1:41 pm - Far Northern, CA
Emily, Welcome to our March board, Of course you are welcome. After all you are a Marcher, even if you are a more mature Marcher then the rest of us. We certainly can use your help on our walk across the country. Welcome aboard and join in the converstation. Life is great, Rick
jennb40
on 9/27/07 8:06 pm - Nashua, NH
Hi Emily - I am so glad you want to join in with us. You are SO welcome! We love MARCHers! Please come and join us as we walk across the country (on paper!). We will start on October 1 and just log your daily walking. I have a pedometer and I will be using whatever figure it says on there at the end of the day. Count all your walking with a pedometer - even while you do daily things. But if you don't have a pedometer and you have a walk you enjoy taking and know the mileage, just keep up with that each time during the month you walk. At the end of the month I will gather everybody's mileage up and see how far we all went as a group. I will send all the participants a certificate and the one who walks the most will get a small gift from me. So please join us!!! Also, each day myself and Rick post a motivational message. My message is intended for folks trying to get to their final goal and Rick addressess those at goal trying to maintain, but both posts are geared for either side. So join us daily - comment when you want and we will all learn from one another. I know you will meet your 2008 goal - I am heading there myself. Together we can do it! Barbara
Stephanie Smiles
on 9/27/07 10:39 pm - My Town, NH
Hi Emily! Welcome to the group. We're so glad you joined us. You're not alone in your struggles. We're all right there with you. Let us know what we can do to help and we will rely on you too. Hugs, Stephanie
miminjoey
on 9/28/07 2:09 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
welcome to the family Emily...we are all a bit crazy here...hope you don't mind! Mimi
emmyc3
on 9/28/07 2:07 pm - Pittsgrove, NJ
Thanks everyone for making me feel so welcome. I look forward to staying in touch with every one. I'm at a point in my weight loss effort that I really need the support and encouragement. Emily
miminjoey
on 9/28/07 2:16 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
hey sis, I was so set against NOT doing this...but I've already started walking again so I'll be ready to go Monday....I drop the kids off at school, head to my sister's house and we walk from 745 to 845...then I go to work (I shower in my office) we are up to a bit more then 4 miles. Wyatt btw is doing SOOO much better thanks to all of you for your prayers, well wishes and warm thoughts. I am going to hold off on starting Zachary's flush out until Monday...we have homecoming at church sunday...that may throw a kink in my walking but I hope not.
jennb40
on 9/28/07 9:15 pm - Nashua, NH
Listen Mrs. Fairest of the Fair.....you better be walking with us!!! Glad Wyatt is doing better. Take care of Zachary and begin your walking - at least to the great Mississippi!!!! Barbara
Laura A.
on 9/28/07 2:24 pm - Manteca, CA
Hi Barbara and fellow Marchers... I am going to try walking with you. I still have my pedometer from when I was walking every day. My walking in October might be sporatic/intermittant working around my chemo treatments but if it's OK I'd like to try anyway. I do have days when I feel really good..... I totally enjoyed the reality show, FAT MARCH, this summer.....now they walked some serious miles!!!
jennb40
on 9/28/07 9:17 pm - Nashua, NH
Laura - it is so GREAT to hear from you. I hope you are doing well. I am so glad you want to try and walk with us...and I believe that whatever you walk - we are going to automatically DOUBLE the amount for effort. I wish we lived closer so I could help you - if only to walk with you on days when you feel like it! Take care of yourself dear and know we are all here for you. Big hugs to you...Barbara
miminjoey
on 9/28/07 10:26 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
ACk Ok I feel like a total looser....if you can do this with all that you are going through...I better get off my lazy but!! Laura you'll be inspiration for us all. I hope that all is going well, and that you have more good days then bad Mimi
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views