Who will walk across the US?

jennb40
on 9/26/07 8:39 pm - Nashua, NH
In case you have been MIA for a while...I have this crazy idea that the MARCHers should up the exercise in October and do some walking in a beautiful month. Our goal is to walk across America - on paper - 2,780 miles from New York City to Los Angeles, CA. Rick is leaving from Washington and I am leaving from New Hampshire and we hope to at least meet somewhere along the Mississippi River!!! Think of a nice place close to you that you would like to walk to (on paper) during October. Log in your miles and keep track of them. If you don't have a pedometer - maybe you would like to get one. You can keep track of your miles each day - just walking around doing your normal activities. Omron makes a great pedometer. I have really enjoyed watching my steps each day on it since I got it. My immediate goal is to get 10,000 steps a day. Anyway - we will begin our walk on October 1st - everybody who agrees to participate will receive a certificate from me and the one who walks the farthest will get a small gift from me. I would love to post on the main board in November to tell them of our total miles logged for the great group of March 2006 folks. Will you join me? Ok, so far I think I have the following people who will be helping the MARCHers walk from NYC to LA (on paper)! Rick, Barbara, Jannine, Stephanie, Emil.....have I missed anybody? STYLZ - where are you????!!!! Rebeka - you started this madness with the pedometer story....will you walk? Robin - are you in? MD is nice in October! Ruth Ann - keep track of walking around on your new job - perhaps with a pedometer? Mimi - we are hoping the kids are not sick in October and I know Waverly can be nice in October - are you joining in? Darlene - where have you been? You want to walk in AZ??? Trish - you have been MIA...although I have been enjoying your Apple Crisp! PA is also nice in October - you in?!!! Rebecca - we need you too....OR has to be nice in Oct! Who am I missing? Where are the rest of our MARCHers? If you are lurking - please know we miss you and wish you would check in more often!!!! Let me know if you will be joining us. If anybody wants to take pictures along their daily walks, I will put them together in a little picture show and email to everyone. Snap that beautiful lake you walk by, or the squirrels picking up winter nuts...or those cute kids playing on the play ground...lots of things to see while you are out walking!!!! Get ready to walk MARCHers!!! us walk across America! Barbara
Stephanie Smiles
on 9/27/07 2:06 am - My Town, NH
Yup, count me in for sure. I'm going to try to remember to purchase a pedometer this weekend so I can keep track of my steps and mileage through October. I have lots of events and I always walk what seems like 5 million steps during those! I'm ready to walk across America! All the way to Rebeka's living room! Hugs, Stephanie
jennb40
on 9/27/07 7:57 pm - Nashua, NH
Alright Stephanie...let's go see Rebeka!!!! Glad you are in! Barbara
layddi
on 9/27/07 3:31 am - Pico Rivera, CA
"You forgot me!" I've been wearing my pedometer for 6 days, just cant get past 6,000 (I know I need to try harder.) I'm ready!
jennb40
on 9/27/07 6:04 am - Nashua, NH
Oh Di - I am so sorry. I knew just as soon as I started naming names I would forget someone! Thanks so much for reminding me and I am so glad you will be in our group. About your pedometer - are you sure you have it set to your gait or weight and height???? BUT 6,000 is great - you keep it up! Together we will all do this! Barbara
BabyRuth2u
on 9/27/07 5:48 am - Pittsburgh, PA
I'm in. Saw your post before just didn't get back to you yet. I'm in Pittsburgh, PA. so guess that's where I'm starting at. If you and Rick walk fast you should be able to catch me soon!
jennb40
on 9/27/07 6:06 am - Nashua, NH
YEAH Ruth Ann - so glad you will be joining us! You can help keep us motivated during October because you are the best exercise motivator I know! I probably won't be able to catch you though - you have more stamina than me!!! But I will try! See ya in LA!!! Barb
layddi
on 9/27/07 6:26 am - Pico Rivera, CA
Hi Barb, on the Weight(I put my actual weight, right?) but the height, I'm confused, I have it on 4(dont get that part.) What do you have it on?
jennb40
on 9/27/07 8:01 pm - Nashua, NH
Di - I am not sure about your question. On my pedometer I put in my current weight and height and it adjusts to that. Some pedometers you walk 10 steps and then measure how far it is and set it to that. Hopefully you have some instructions for your pedometer that will help you out. It seems like pedometers are all set different ways. Wish I could be more help. What type of pedometer do you have? I bought at first the one that Rebeka recommended and then at my surgeon's office last week they were selling the same kind as Rebeka's but it was made a little different and was friendlier to wear - more rounded. With that one I set the height and weight, but on the first one I measured my gait. Both were Omron pedometers. Good luck and again so glad you will be joining us! Barb
emmyc3
on 9/27/07 11:25 am - Pittsgrove, NJ
Hi, Barbara, My name is Emily and I'm from New Jersey and my surgery was March 05, however there is not that much conversation on that forum and I was invited to join the March 06 forum. I would like to join in on the walking activity for October if that is OK with everyone. Just let me know what I need to do. I;ve been doing very poorly lately, I'm not eating correctly, I'm eating things that are not good for me. I'm scared I;m going back to my old way of eating before the surgery and I'm fearful of gaining the weight back. I need help and support and it sounds like you guys really help one another. I hope that I can be apart of it. I'm hoping to reach my goal by 08. Emily
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views