Thank you.

BabyRuth2u
on 9/26/07 11:47 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Hi everyone, thank you for your responses to my post. I do feel better reading your replies, it does help to know I am not alone. No one said this would be easy. This is a normal experience, its just something we/I need to learn to deal with and work through. The scale has moved back down, only 3 lbs over my lowest of 169 now. So Im almost back there. I haven't touched a fast food burger or fries and that has helped. The snacking on top of my healthy foods isnt the best, but in reality they arent all that bad. I saw a post tonight on the main board where someone asked what "cheating" was after wls. I think we call lots of things cheating when they really aren't. We are just so used to being fat and everything we used to eat was considered bad, we know we shouldn't have it. But in reality, what we eat now, or sometimes snack on is normal. Normal people do eat pretzels on occaison. They do say I'm going to have a donut today. You just don't do it every day. I think I torture myself with the thought that this item is bad, I shouldn't do it and I get myself snowballing into your bad mode, you're doing wrong. Make sense? So I think that the answer to that posters question is that nothing really is cheating, its about making choices. Its ok to have something, there is no NO NO if you think about it. Its about allowing for things, and having them just on occaison. If we think we are cheating, we are setting ourselves up for thinking we did wrong. I appreciate everyones responses. I know I am not alone, it just feels like it sometimes. I think I set my standards for myself too high. Probably not a bad thing, but I have to remember I'm not perfect, but I am human. Each day is a new one and I'll go from there. I scheduled a day off for tomorrow. I have a lot coming up at work over the next few months so there will be little opportunity to do so. So tomorrow Im just going to take for me. I plan on going to the gym. It will feel good to be able to go without having to "work" it in. I can get up, and go do my morning workout like I used to when I wasnt working,, then relax, do some cooking for dinner, which I dont get to do often with being busy. I might even take a nap during the day. Wow would that be a treat!! And I plan to do some school work, without being rushed. I have all day to do it throughout and at a pace of my own, not getting home from work and using my little evening time as there is to do homework. Talk to you later, I'll try to participate and post more. Night
jennb40
on 9/26/07 8:19 pm - Nashua, NH
You go girl....this is the post from our Ruth Ann we are all glad to see. I hope you enjoy your day off - you deserve IT!!!! Hang in there and don't be a stranger, we have missed you! Barbara
Stephanie Smiles
on 9/27/07 1:56 am - My Town, NH
Taking a day for yourself is a great gift, Ruth Ann! Enjoy every minute and relax. Hugs, Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views