MARCHers going to goal!

jennb40
on 9/23/07 8:54 pm - Nashua, NH
It's easier to go down a hill than up it but the view is much better at the top....Arnold Bennet Seems like maybe we have been going on a roller coaster - the top of a hill since the beginning of our WLS because it was easy - sorta - at first - easier than it is now trying to get to our goals, but now up the hill again we must go! The wedding ceremoney was the surgery and the honeymoon was those first few months when the pounds flew off our bodies - the fun you have on a roller coaster when you get to the top, then hold your breath and scream in fun as you start going down - so fast. But now the honeymoon has basically ended and it seems like we are going up the hill on that roller coaster and it is a little harder. But - think how great the view is going to be when we get to the top when we know we are going to scream again going back down. The view at the top will bring us good looking bodies, wonderful health, fun like we have never experienced before - when we finally get to the top of the hill. Oh yes we definintely have better looking bodies now, our health is so much improved, and we are doing things most of us have probably never done, but there are still some goals to meet. Let's keep going up the hill so we can enjoy the screaming fun ride going down - it really isn't so hard is it? We know what will be at the top...we can see what a wonderful view it is. But we must remember how fun it is going down the roller coaster, but to go down again we have to do a little work getting back to the top. Like roller coasters - we can only take so much in a day and pretty soon you want to switch to the ferris wheel and stop on the top and see the sights for a long time! What will you do today to climb the hill? Will you make it? YES, YES, YES, you will. So make those good choices today - get to the top of the hill and wave your arms and sing Halleluah, Halleluah...Halleluah!!!! Get going MARCHers! Hugs to all, Barbara
Stephanie Smiles
on 9/24/07 12:18 am - My Town, NH
Mornin' Barbara! You're right. This has definitely been quite the rollercoaster ride. I had a rough week last week where I think I just kept going down, down, down and the sights weren't good at all! Here's hoping for a better week with a little more upward movement. Today, I'm going to eat well (have that all planned out) and go for a long walk with my husband after work. He's been walking every afternoon and I'm very proud of him! Have a great Monday! Hugs, Stephanie
jennb40
on 9/24/07 3:54 am - Nashua, NH
John and I were both off today - I had to go to the orthopedic doctor - seems I have bursitis in my hip which hopefully after physical therapy for a few weeks will improve. But when we got home from the doctor - we walked down to the river which was about a 2 1/2 mile round trip. We left the pugs at home because they have to smell everything in sight and it would take us hours! We did walk them around the block before we began. It is nice walking with hubby - makes it oh so enjoyable. Have fun on your walk tonight!!! Barbara
Rick A.
on 9/24/07 1:44 am - Far Northern, CA
Barbara, You are so right. This is a roller coaster ride. The good part is it does get somewhat easier when we get to the coasting part, but we must always be watchful for the next downward spiral. Have a great day, Rick
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views