Leslie Sansone and walking

jennb40
on 9/21/07 12:18 am - Nashua, NH
I happened to be at home this morning because I am going for my 18 month check up later today. Anyway - who should be on the Today show talking about walking???? None other than Leslie Sansone. The woman can get you fired up about walking! She just went on and on about the benefits of even a 5-minute brisk walk. How you can start small and work up. And the good thing - you only really need a good pair of walking shoes for this exercise. Of course, you can buy weights, pedometers, IPods, walking belts...on and on...but you really only need good shoes and a place to walk and of course a walking buddy will help. So let's all think about my October challenge for the MARCHers to walk across the country (on paper). Even if you haven't been exercising religiously - now is the time to start. It will be a beautiful month to join with nature. Take your camera some day and take some snapshots of things you enjoy seeing along your walk. Maybe I can put them all together in a little video - if you want to email me the pics that you take during your October walks!!! We can capture scenes from all over the country and visit in each other's part of the country! My pugs are getting ready - they will need the exercise also and since it will be cooler - it will be easier for them to breathe out of their little flat noses!!!! So think about it MARCHers - a week from Monday is the first day of October. Make a chart and keep up with how far you walk each day. I am leaving from New England and Rick from northern California and surely we can try to get to the Mississippi with your help...and hopefully all the way across the country. Are you up for the challenge...reve up your bodies and get ready! Barbara
BigOleTriGuy
on 9/23/07 12:38 am - Alexandria, LA
Im revved and ready. Im so glad I got here jsut in time to participate in such an ambitious challenge. I am competative and when pushed can producve more than I ever thought. On my own I tend to wimp out a bit. Ill be doing resistance training starting that day as well transisitoning from primarily cardio. As y'all know muscle mass is hard to keep when dropping wiehgt this fst especilaly if the protien intake is low. I have managed to keep almost all of my lbm during this journey and am preparing to build some muscle structure in preparation for body lift surgery commin in a few months. Ive never been a gynm rat but I build bulk real quick when i get going. Along with some good walking/jogging miles each week I hope to see some significant structural results. Yours in health and fitness bigoletriguy
jennb40
on 9/23/07 8:59 pm - Nashua, NH
You are going to love the sights as we walk across the country. Glad to have you on our team!!!! Barbara
jannineh99
on 9/23/07 8:07 am - Melrose, MA
Well gonn start practicing my walking at the gym Monday...I usually do 2.5 miles on the treadmill mon, wed, and friday ...but starting this week I am doing the rowing machine...just to see if that jump starts the wl again....Keep up the great work.....Barbara...I have a sheet that I can send you for measuring your walking distance...something that I have been using.. Jannine 357/163/157
jennb40
on 9/23/07 8:58 pm - Nashua, NH
Email me the sheet - would love to see it. [email protected] Thanks...Glad you are going across the country with us! Barbara
Stephanie Smiles
on 9/23/07 10:54 pm - My Town, NH
Hiya friend! I'll participate. I can keep track of my miles on the treadmill. Too bad I can't count those spinning miles, we'd be in CA sitting in Rebeka's living room in no time at all! Hugs, Stephanie
jennb40
on 9/24/07 3:59 am - Nashua, NH
YEAH...another person helping Rick and I get across the country. We so far have several signing up - and maybe after another week of suggesting it - I can capture more MARCHers for our October walk-a-thon!!! I wonder if Rebeka has a big living room - she actually I can blame for this October walk-a-thon madness...she turned me onto a pedometer and it has become glued to my side!!!! Barb
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views