Marcher's at goal - Be Accountable

Rick A.
on 9/20/07 2:15 pm - Far Northern, CA
Being accountable helps me to maintain my goal. I am accountable in several different ways. When I walk I write down my mileage everyday. I weigh daily and log my weight weekly. I also go to support group meetings once a month. I feel that I need to do these things to keep on the right path of this continuing journey. We are accountable to each other. There are many people that have dropped out of sight from this website. I hope it means that they have achieved there goals and are out living their life. I fear that some people have become discouraged and no longer make their presence known here because they feel that they have failed in some way and our discouraged. I hope those people will come out and let us help each other. We all have had disappointments, but we all can help each other. No one is perfect, I certainly am not. I have by faults, but I am working on them. Let us be accountable to each other and to ourselves. I am here for you if you need me. We're in this together. Have a great weekend. Rick
jennb40
on 9/20/07 9:09 pm - Nashua, NH
Amen to your post! We do have to be accountable in my opinion because I fear failing by not doing so. I know from my past actions that if accountablility had been prevelant, perhaps I wouldn't have gotten to the point of needing WLS. In all other major portions of my life I do practice the accountablity that I think has made me be successful in other ventures. But because I gained weight throughout my life I failed miserably in that area unless my goal was to be a blimp - then I succeeded! I think accountability will make the difference in this journey. I like you feel some people have dropped out of sight on this board and I like you hope it is because they have reached their goals and are out living life - to the fullest. But I also hope the ones that have perhaps become discouraged will resurface and we can all help each other out. Let's keep working together to achieve our goals and to maintain them for the rest of our lives. Our old MARCHers - who we don't hear from much anymore...come out of hiding - we miss you and need you. Barbara
RebekaA
on 9/21/07 2:29 am - Inland Empire, CA
Weighing everyday keeps me accountable. Many say that's too much, to only weigh once a week, but for me weighing everyday keeps it at the forefront for me. I know from past experience if I don't, I get lazy, eat worse and it gets easier to avoid getting on the scale--and finally when I do get on, it's up 5, 10, 12 pounds and OMG! That's too overwhelming. I'd rather keep a close eye on it so i only have to worry about minor fluctuations. It does get easy to focus on other things--living. But I did that once before--the Phen fen days. I lost a ton of weight and foolishly thought, "Oh I'm thin now" i don't need to worry/focus/obsess about my weight anymore. WRONG. So now I have tried to find a balance between obsessing about my weight and food--and just "living right." It's getting better, I can't complain.
Rick A.
on 9/21/07 10:59 am - Far Northern, CA
REbeka, I agree. If I don't weigh every day it would be so easy to be up 5 pounds and then think Oh well, this didn't work either. I have to stay on top of this every day. Fortunately I have been within 5 pounds of my lowest weight for the last 6 months. It does scare me though that I could really blow it if I'm not careful. Have a great weekend. Rick
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views