Welcome Emile MARCHERS.....

jennb40
on 9/20/07 5:22 am - Nashua, NH
This is a post Emile made today on my motivational post - MARCHers going to goal. I copied it here for you. Give him a big welcome! Barbara I've not been lurking, this is my first visit. Ill let you in on SOME of my story while Im on my break. 46/m cajun dude. Large all my life, and extra large since 95. growing 20 LB a year topping out at about 500lbs. RNY 3/06 lost 210+ but never journaled. Began exercise program and have since become a triathlete and competed in July at my first one. I am at 285 +/- and will be having body life at some point in the next 6 months. Not married but have been, no kids, and just geting back into the thinking that I may be a good partner and I do want a family. I cook pretty good and have a better than average understnading of nutrition, supplimentation and exercise. I workout about 6-10 hours a week in 4 disciplines swim, bike, run, and resistance. I eat non processed food almost exclusively and rarely eat food I didn't cook. Im financial planner and tax pro, live on lake in central Louisiana. Raised here and back after 20 years of having some fun tooling around the country. Boston, Manchester, Jacksonville, St. Louis, Denver New orleans Little rock. 3-5 years in each. I sing in church choir and am Eagle scout, so a true choir boy attitude and southern gent. Ive been on Weigh****echers.com boards for 4 years and still post every day. Now i need some support from those that have my same experiences to get my mind right and moving forward again. I hope to fit in and share you ladies with the gentleman from CA. you can probaly count me in for 10-12 miles a week but Ill let you knwo exactly as it happens. I look forward to getting to know you and learning your tricks of the trade. I hope I can offer some tips Ive used as well and learn more about what my body is doing right now, 18 months into the journey e PS, I guess I could use a point in the right direction to put up before/after photos. Even though my after ain't done yet. How bout before and "thus far" pics.
Mary M.
on 9/20/07 8:44 am - Livonia, MI
Welcome Emile! Congrats on your success. Hope to see you on the boards often. Hugs, Mary A Northern Gal!
BigOleTriGuy
on 9/20/07 9:48 am - Alexandria, LA
Thanks Barbara, and you too Mary. I see we have a small but loyal group around here and a couple of regulars are traveling Im told. Im glad to be here and hope to get inspired and inspire others to do some of the things Ive found that work well for me both Physically and emotionally. This is a unique journey adn thus far Ive done it alone and white knuckled more than I care to admit. Our common experiences as well as our weaknesses and triumphs can certainly be benificial in this "sharing" forum. Ill be traveling a bit over the next 10 days but should be able to at least read and say hello as I get to knwo y'all. Yorus in health and fitness e aka BigOleTriGuy
luckycat1
on 9/20/07 1:08 pm - Cincinnati, OH
Welcome Emile. Congrats on your weightloss. MJ
BigOleTriGuy
on 9/20/07 10:36 pm - Alexandria, LA
Thanks MJ.
Stephanie Smiles
on 9/23/07 10:50 pm - My Town, NH
I'll second my earlier welcome in another post! You're in great company and we are happy to have you with us! Hugs, Stephanie
layddi
on 9/21/07 12:14 am - Pico Rivera, CA
Welcome Emile, I also had my surgery in March of 2006 and just started posting after being MIA for along time, I was going thru Weigh****chers.com aswell and I tell you there nothing better then to talk to people who's going thru what your going thru" and "these Marchers are a great motivational group."
BigOleTriGuy
on 9/23/07 12:31 am - Alexandria, LA
thanks Di, and I agree. I made some liftime friends on WW.com and will always stay in touch with them, but now I find the need for like kind jouneymen/women. Thanks for the welcome guys bigoletriguy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views