MARCHers going to goal!

jennb40
on 9/19/07 9:56 pm - Nashua, NH
The expectations of life depend upon diligence; the mechanic that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools.....Confucius That Confucius was a pretty wise person...huh? To continue on from yesterday, we are the mechanic, the architect, the constructioner fixing "ourselves" and now that we are heading towards our goal....we are almost finished...perhaps the tool is getting a little dull....MARCHers - let SHARPEN our tool!!!! You know the tool - the one we bought with WLS??? That ittty bitty pouch which is designed to complete the task, but cannot do it all by itself. It needs the mechanic, the architect, the constructioner (not sure if constructioner is a word, but it is today!)....to finish the job. Now starting TODAY we have sharpened our tool and let's finish the job. Let's make the building (our body) the perfect architectual design that was intended when we made the decision to have WLS. Well perhaps our bodies might not be perfect - until probably plastic surgery, but boy is it getting healthy. What will you do today since your tool has been sharpened - to head on towards the completed building? Will you drink more water? Will you exercise more? Will you take all your vitamins? Will you choose protein first? PLEASE...pretty PLEASE!!! I want you to join me....let's finish the building! Lets depend on our own diligence in all areas to meet our expectations. What will you to today? Hugs to all...Barbara
Rick A.
on 9/20/07 12:44 am - Far Northern, CA
Barbara, Today is my 18 month surgiversary (another made up word, I believe). I have to work on sharpening my "tool" a little bit each day. I never want to ignore this tool I have been given. It has litterally saved my life. Have a great day. Rick
jennb40
on 9/20/07 4:22 am - Nashua, NH
I think you have done a great job so far! Congratulations on your 18 month surgiversary! Think how far you have come in 18 months! Our male poster "boy" for WLS!!! Barb
jannineh99
on 9/20/07 3:56 am - Melrose, MA
You are absolutely correct we need to sharpen our tools...I have not been journaling recently so I am going to start today and make a conscience effort to make sure I journal...I get so busy that I just don't do it...so that is what I am gonna consentrate on ....wish me luck..... PS: I have my first consult for TT on the 19th of October so I want to lose those stubburn 6lbs before that meeting.... Jannine 357/163/157
jennb40
on 9/20/07 4:25 am - Nashua, NH
Start that journal today Jannine. You are exactly where I would like to be. You have really done well on this journey.You have almost lost 200 pounds - how amazing and you look wonderful! I am so glad you are joining Rick and I as we walk across the country. We have to get some more MARCHers motivated in the next week to help us walk! Let us know how the PS consult goes. Good luck on losing those last stubborn pounds!!! Barb
BigOleTriGuy
on 9/20/07 4:39 am - Alexandria, LA
copy of typed post I put on yesterdays thread. I used the link from my email and hadn't realized a new thread for today was started. Pardon the slip. Im still learning. here's me. Thnaks for the welcome guys. I've not been lurking, this is my first visit. Ill let you in on SOME of my story while Im on my break. 46/m cajun dude. Large all my life, and extra large since 95. growing 20 LB a year topping out at about 500lbs. RNY 3/06 lost 210+ but never journaled. Began exercise program and have since become a triathlete and competed in July at my first one. I am at 285 +/- and will be having body life at some point in the next 6 months. Not married but have been, no kids, and just geting back into the thinking that I may be a good partner and I do want a family. I cook pretty good and have a better than average understnading of nutrition, supplimentation and exercise. I workout about 6-10 hours a week in 4 disciplines swim, bike, run, and resistance. I eat non processed food almost exclusively and rarely eat food I didn't cook. Im financial planner and tax pro, live on lake in central Louisiana. Raised here and back after 20 years of having some fun tooling around the country. Boston, Manchester, Jacksonville, St. Louis, Denver New orleans Little rock. 3-5 years in each. I sing in church choir and am Eagle scout, so a true choir boy attitude and southern gent. Ive been on Weigh****echers.com boards for 4 years and still post every day. Now i need some support from those that have my same experiences to get my mind right and moving forward again. I hope to fit in and share you ladies with the gentleman from CA. you can probaly count me in for 10-12 miles a week but Ill let you knwo exactly as it happens. I look forward to getting to know you and learning your tricks of the trade. I hope I can offer some tips Ive used as well and learn more about what my body is doing right now, 18 months into the journey e PS, I guess I could use a point in the right direction to put up before/after photos. Even though my after ain't done yet. How bout before and "thus far" pics.
jennb40
on 9/20/07 5:20 am - Nashua, NH
As I said in my other post to you...Welcome Aboard! Join the MARCHers train - we are a good group! We are glad to have another MARCHer join us. I will post your comments for all to see! You are really doing great with your exercise. I have to get more motivated in the exercise department. That would definitely help me get jump started again. We have 2 of our regulars out of town this week - Stephanie Smiles and STYLZ - but they are pretty regular posters. We have a WDYET (what did you eat today) post everyday where folks list what they are eating each day. We should all be a bit more active in that post. Anyway - glad to have you and Rick says he will share us wild women with you! Barbara
Rick A.
on 9/20/07 5:47 am - Far Northern, CA
Emile, Thanks for sharing your story. I don't mind sharing at all. It's nice to have a gentleman on this board. I also would like to recommend the mens board. It is another great forum and a great bunch of guys. Here is the link: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/men/ Welcome aboard. Rick
BigOleTriGuy
on 9/20/07 9:39 am - Alexandria, LA
Thanks for hte link Rick. Ill head over as time allows. I like the idea of having our "benchmarks" the same as the time specific issues with out jounrey change as time goes by and goals are met. But hey, guys will be guys and there is some other issues that are best talked about over beer and pretzels with the "guys". You know, liek what kind of razor to use and what kind of car has a HEMI? hehehe. Honestly Im so used to sharing with only women of the WW.com board that I have learned all about feelings and empathy and stuff I never heard of. In the mean time I am glad to be here and look forward to some of the topics I have read a tthe start of the last two days. I like a deeper look into our journey and the topics Ive seen. I am sure to add either humor if I can or intellectual commentary when needed. Please note though that a sense of humor without the use of non verbal communication and facial expression sometimes doesnt sound the same to the reader. My heart is clean and I have no ill will, but I will do my best to add what i can to your tight knit group yours in health and fitness e
RebekaA
on 9/20/07 10:46 am - Inland Empire, CA
Welcome to board Emile.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!