WDYET?? *** FRIDAY ***

~ Stylz ~
on 9/14/07 3:26 am - North of Boston, MA
the week is finally over bf had a brilliant idea last night... he sprung the "we have 4 tickets for tonights sox/yankee game" leaving for the airport at 4am, flight at 6:30, cruise at 12, of course hes not packed yet..... hes killing me! lol Only an hour and a half left to work, still have a few things to finish. I went for my 18 month blood work this morning, hopefully everything comes back normal! well heres my day so far... nothing to drink coming to work because of blood work breakfast - oatmeal medium toasted almond iced coffee, x smart milk lunch - 7 shrimp with basil cream sauce and a few ribbons on ww fettuccini dinner - not sure yet but probably stadium food.. not a good way to start vacation! exercise - walk to the hospital and around the block water- 3 16oz bottles so far vitamins - took them! Yesterday was the last day of Fat Smash and I lost 5.6 lbs in 9 days start of fatsmash stats... weight - 131.8 pant size - up to an 8 belt - back to the second hole end of fat smash stats... weight - 126.2 pant size - very comfy in a 6 belt - 3rd hole again hope everyone has a great weekend, I'll miss you guys next week and will catch up when I return!
HEATHER K.
on 9/14/07 6:23 am - CORONA, CA
RNY on 03/24/06 with
Great job on losing those 5+ lbs! What is the fatsmash diet? I have only seen my scale more 3.8 in 4 weeks. Heather
jannineh99
on 9/14/07 11:49 am - Melrose, MA
Heather this is the Fatsmash diet that Stylz is talking about... Jannine 357/163/157 Fat Smash All fruits in any quantity (obviously in moderation) I stuck to small fruits or 1/2 cup at a time (grapes, grapefrui****ermelon, apple, pears) All vegetables in any quantity : except white potatoes and avocados. Missing starch? have mash or bake a small sweet potato with cinnamon and nutmeg! Yum Protein - beans, chickpeas, tofu, lentils, pigeon peas I'm not a plain tofu eater, but I do like shirataki noodles and with tomato sauce (if you try them make sure you rinse them well before using). Also, Morning Star Farms makes some good tofu products (they're in the frozen section) like pizza burgers, cheddar burgers, bacon strips, sausage links or patties. I swear these products were made for people who aren't eating meat against their own will!! lol they do taste like real meat and not at all like tofu. the sausage was good with egg whites! Brown rice (2 cups of cooked rice per day) You can also have "rice cakes" only 1 a day, but if you need that crunch, go for one! read the ingredients on the package it should be: brown rice, salt (maybe water), Quaker regular cakes have ingredients listed like this. I also made 2 cups instant brown rice, Adobo, little tomato sauce, packet of Sazon (Spanish spice) and 2 cans of pigeon peas. It makes a lot, reason for 2 cans pigeon peas is so I'd eat more peas than rice. Low Fat, Skim Or Soy Milk (2 cups per day) I use Simply Smart Milk I think its made by Hood. Oatmeal (1 cup per day) I LOVE Quaker weight control oatmeal!! It has only 3 grams of fat, 160 calories, 6gr of fiber, 7 gr of protein and only 1 gr of sugar. I do this almost every day because its easy, its 17 grams of protein with this and milk, its a slow burning carb so it makes you feel full longer and it gives you energy! 6 oz. low fat yogurt (up to 2 per day) Dannon makes a carb and sugar control yogurt and a drinkable yogurt. I could live on drinkable yogurt, it's so convenient! Egg Whites (up to 4 per day) I usually stuck to 2.. hard boiled on a salad, fried in Pam spray served with morning star farms sausage or scrambled with veggies Herbal Tea (up to 2 cups per day) Celestial seasonings make some yummy herbal teas! All Herbs And Spices As Much Water As You Like (at least 64 oz) Personally I like staying between 75 and 90 depending on how my day is going. FOODS NOT ALLOWED: White rice, meat, fish, cheese, bread (all types), raisins, nuts, dried or preserved fruits, candy, popcorn, chips, ice cream, alcohol, juice, soda (regular or diet), coffee and all coffee drinks, sports drinks, milkshakes, whole eggs or yolks, fried foods or fast foods. The only other thing required on this is 30 minutes of exercise 7 out of the 9 detox days. Here are a couple recipes: Black Beans 2 Tbsp limejuice 3 Tbsp. olive oil 1 tsp red wine vinegar 1/2 tsp cumin 8 green onions, chopped 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped 1/4 c. chopped fresh cilantro 1 c. frozen corn kernels, thawed (optional) 2 -15oz cans black beans, drained salt and pepper to taste In a bowl whisk together olive oil, limejuice, vinegar and cumin. Add green onions, red pepper, cilantro, corn and beans. Toss to coat, put in the fridge for at least an hour for flavors to combine! Sweet Potato Cookies 1 cup oatmeal 1/4 tsp salt 1 cup mashed up sweet potato 1 egg white 1 T Splenda 1/2t cinnamon Unsweetened applesauce, use if consistency is too thick (mixture should be cookie dough consistency) Spray cookie sheet with PAM, Mix all ingredients and drop 1 heaping Tablespoon at a time, pat each cookie down a little and bake at 350 for 9 minutes for chewy cookie (for more cooked cookie, turn off oven and leave in for about 5 more minutes) Oatmeal Cookies 1 cup oatmeal 1/4 tsp salt 1 cup mashed up banana (let it get very ripe, brown skin) 1 egg white 1 T Splenda 1/2t cinnamon Unsweetened applesauce, use if consistency is too thick (mixture should be cookie dough consistency Spray cookie sheet with PAM, Mix all ingredients and drop 1 heaping Tablespoon at a time, pat each cookie down a little and bake at 350 for 9 minutes for chewy cookie (for more cooked cookie, turn off oven and leave in for about 5 more minutes) MorningStar Spicy Chili 1 package of chopped frozen onions 1⁄2 bag of assort. Pepper (red, yellow & green) strips sautéed with 1 pat of butter until soft (sometimes I add a bit of olive oil too). Add 1-2 MorningStar Italian sausages 1 package MorningStar crumbles faux ground beef Coo****il meat is browned and the veggies are roasted Add 3 beef bouillon cubes Garlic powder, black pepper, chili powder and other seasonings to taste, no salt*. Add 3 cans diced tomatoes, one of these will have diced chilies in it too. 1 can tomato sauce 1 can chopped green chilies (mild) 1 can chopped jalapenos (hot) 1 can each , rinsed and drained; Chili beans Great northern white beans Dark red kidney beans Black beans Pinto beans 3⁄4 cup water 1⁄4 cup cooking sherry 1 TB Worcestershire sauce Bring to a low boil, reduce heat to a simmer, cover and simmer for 1-5 hours, stirring occasionally
~ Stylz ~
on 9/14/07 3:14 pm - North of Boston, MA
thanks Jannine! we'll try to plan a mass marchers get together when I get back
HEATHER K.
on 9/16/07 7:11 am - CORONA, CA
RNY on 03/24/06 with
Thanks Jannine, but no coffee? That is my one last addiction. Will try the fatsmash with only one cup of coffee a day. That would be cutting my intake by 3 cups. Thank you for the recipes.
~ Stylz ~
on 9/14/07 3:12 pm - North of Boston, MA
Heather Jannine posted it for you, when I get stuck in a plateau or gain, I do it. Its only 9 days and I lose atleast 4lbs every time. its worth a try if you're looking for a jump start
RebekaA
on 9/14/07 6:36 am - Inland Empire, CA
I'm really proud of you, and excited with your results! how wonderful! I'll miss you next week!!! Hope you two have a fabulous time!
~ Stylz ~
on 9/14/07 3:21 pm - North of Boston, MA
thanks girl I'll miss you too! It seems my weight doesn't like going under 126.2. I was told a long time ago when you get stuck on a plateau its your body remembering that you were at that weight before and were there for a while... I'm wondering, maybe I was like 10 when I was 126 lbs? lol so happy I changed that part of my life!! love ya!
~ Stylz ~
on 9/14/07 3:09 pm - North of Boston, MA
just got home from the game, no sense in taking a 2 hr nap, just going to make sure we've got everything and wait! we went to El Pelon for a quick bite before the game, I had the inside of a shredded beef soft taco with refried beans and a little guac that I ate WAY too fast does anyone else get full very quick when they eat fast? I feel like the faster I eat the fuller I feel and can't get in all of my protein. The Sox blew the game... They lost and lost another game lead to bring it to only 4 1/2 games... BF is moody, but he'll get over it I tell him all the time thats what he gets for being a Sox fan... They love to give fans heart break and have them excited in the early innings by the lead and then sitting on the end of the seat in the 9th when theres a runner on third and all it would take is a base hit to tie the game, then...... strike out, game over, thats just too much stress for me! lol time to sync the ipod and get ready to go. enjoy the week everyone!
~ Stylz ~
on 9/14/07 3:30 pm - North of Boston, MA
oooooohhh..... I forgot my WOW moment tonight! when we were at the restaurant, I asked for a drink and WAS CARDED!!! needless to say I wanted to jump up on the table and scream in excitement! either that or jump up and kiss the waiter, but bf might not have liked that one
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views