Want to do a Oct. Walk-a-thon?

jennb40
on 9/13/07 10:02 pm - Nashua, NH
I proposed in my post to those MARCHers going to goal - that we have a little contest in October - a walk-a-thon. I will be giving out a certificate and small gift to the MARCHer who walks the farthest in October. Rebeka told me about a wonderful pedometer I am going to use to keep track of my miles - but you don't have to have a pedometer. If you are a seasoned walker and know the miles you are walking a day - keep up with them and at the end of October I will do a survey to see how far you have walked during the month. October should be a wonderful month for most everybody in the country and a perfect month to get outside and be a part of nature. If it is too cold or rainy in your area - shoot for a mall or a gym with a treadmill or use your own treadmill or use the Leslie Samsone DVD - Walk Away the Pounds - whatever you have. Most malls can tell you the mileage information as most malls have walkers that make their laps. Pick a place you would like visit and see how far it is from your home. I know you won't literally walk to that place - but chart your miles and see how close you get to your desired place. Think about it - we won't start our contest until October 1st - but you can begin training today! I hope you will join me - let's have a little fun competition! Barbara
~ Stylz ~
on 9/14/07 3:48 am - North of Boston, MA
that sounds like a lot of fun! Leslie Sansone walk away the pounds is a fun dvd and it goes by quick! I couldn't believe I did a mile as quick as it said during the dvd.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views