MARCHers going to goal!

jennb40
on 9/12/07 9:58 pm - Nashua, NH
Let us not be content to wait and see what will happen, but give us the determination to make the right things happen.....Peter Marshall I hopefully am here to give you and me the determination to make the right things happen. We all want to see the goal...we want to be at the goal...but first through our determination to make the right things happen we have to get to the goal. Are you determined to get there or are you content where you are right now? I could half heartedly say I am content where I am now - because I think I have worked hard to get where I am - but then I have to come to a roaring stop and say I WANT to finish this project and GET TO GOAL and by golly I can do it. In my half hearted attempt at saying I am content I think I am so much healthier than I was before and so much smaller than I was before - so I stop???? NO WAY JOSE....I can be healthier, I can be smaller and let's go for it! So you have been following my pedometer story for a couple of days/posts. Yesterday was my first full day to wear the pedometer and my immediate goal was to get to 10,000 steps. WELL, I almost got there! I got 9029 steps, 2.85 miles and 145 burned calories. But - when you figure I almost walked 3 miles during the course of the day and only burned 145 calories...it makes you think about those 1/4 cup of nuts that have over 150 calories in them and is that 1/4 cup of nuts worth wasting those 145 calories burned by walking more? Of course I know the answer - get rid of the snacks and get the 10,000+ steps walked and more calories out than in!!!! I only had about 4800 steps by the time I got home last night, so had to do some serious walking around the neighborhood to try and get to 10,000, but I stopped before hand. So today I BEGIN again - I am going to get 10,000 steps today because I will walk at lunch - which I didn't do yesterday. That is my short term goal today to get to the final goal. What determination will you have today to make the right things happen? Hugs to all...Barbara
Rick A.
on 9/13/07 12:47 am - Far Northern, CA
Barbara, I am proud of you. You are goin to make the most of your pedometer and you now have a way to track your progress. It always helps me if I have to be accountable to something even if it is just something strapped to my side. Have a great day, Rick
layddi
on 9/13/07 12:55 am - Pico Rivera, CA
Good morning all! You know yesturday I went walking and took an old little Reebok pedometer, I put it on by my car and when I got to the side walk I had already taken 35 steps(from the side walk to the car! give me a break, it was only like 5 steps!) Can't wait to get my new one. Barb, so is that Omron really"Awsome?" Determination today will be to walk an extra 20 min and drink more water.
jennb40
on 9/13/07 1:09 am - Nashua, NH
The Omron seems to be very "on target" - I have tested it by walking and counting my steps and comparing it to the pedometer and it is right with my count. So far this morning - I just looked - I have 1485 steps and I really haven't left my office that much! Way to go on the extra 20 minute walk and drinking more water. Speaking of water - it is time for me to leave my office and go get some more water and of course....walk to the bathroom!!!! Let that determination work for you today! Barb
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views