MARCHers going to goal!

jennb40
on 9/11/07 10:03 pm - Nashua, NH
The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing....Walt Disney OK MARCHers going to goal...we have been talking for 2 1/2 weeks about wanting to get to goal. WHAT are you doing to get there? What changes have you made in the last 2 1/2 weeks to get to goal???? Thanks to Rebeka, yesterday I left my desk at lunch - in the pouring rain - I might add...and went to CVS and bought the pedometer she suggested in her post! I read the instructions and put it on my flopping belly (which isn't supposed to increased the step calculation) and by the time I left work and got to my car - I had stepped 1/2 mile - and that is just in the office - going to the copy machine, the bathroom, etc! I was excited to see that I was making that many steps! That is the most significant thing I have done in 2 1/2 weeks since Rick and I started our posts to get me closer to my goal. The 2nd thing is I have tried to cut down on those dang nuts! I am in training for our October walk-a-thon...are you?!!! Today - do more of at least one or two of our 4 target items - try to drink more water, exercise/walk more, take your vitamins, protein first and good choices after protein first for your food choices. In summary - tell me what changes you have made in the last 2 1/2 weeks and what thing/s will you do TODAY that applies to our target items? I am going to try and get those 10,000 steps in today and drink more water. Vitamins are no problem for me as I am religious about taking them. I hope to eat no nuts today and protein first. What will you do to quit talking and begin doing? Hugs to all, Barbara
Rick A.
on 9/12/07 12:48 am - Far Northern, CA
Barbara, I'm proud of you for all of your "stepping". I'm sure you have been walking more then you thought you were. It will be nice to find out for sure. Now that I have changed shifts I have found it more difficult to get in my vitamins. I do get them in, but it is more of a chore. I also have a concern about me and the nuts. I do like those peanuts and cashews. I am still managing to stay within a five pound range of my lowest weight, but sometimes it is a struggle. Thanks for throwing out the walking challenge. I hope everyone jumps on board. (hey was that a cruising reference?). Have a great day, Rick
HEATHER K.
on 9/12/07 4:40 am - CORONA, CA
RNY on 03/24/06 with
Barbara, I have been keeping track of all food (fitday) and making sure I get at least 60g of protein per day. I have been exercising more and drinking 64 oz of water almost everyday. I have lost 1.8 lbs over the past 2 1/2 weeks. I wish the scale would move more. Today, I will vow to make sure I get all 64oz of water in on a daily basis. Thank you for all of your motivation. It is very easy to get discouraged when the scale is moving so slowly. It is also very easy to say "oh well I have lost 160 and don't need to lose anymore". I need to get to goal to finish the race. Heather 358/201/147
jennb40
on 9/12/07 4:52 am - Nashua, NH
Wow Heather, 1.8 lbs is great. The scale does move and I think you can attribute it a bit to the changes you have made in the last 2 weeks. I am loving this pedometer - my goal is do 10,000 steps a day - Right now I am at 4,000 steps for the day and it is a little past lunch. So when I get home tonight, will have to "pump it up"!!! It is fun watching the pedometer measure my steps as I do things during the day. I am trying to walk more and get up and move more from my desk. You are going to finish this first race by getting to goal and then stay in the race by maintaining. I am going with you! Barbara
layddi
on 9/12/07 5:15 am - Pico Rivera, CA
OK CONFESION TIME! I had recently told you I've been up and down the same 10lbs for the past 9+ months, and last week I had broken thru to see 200 lbs, well now I'm up 9lbs So now my weight is back to 209 (@#!$^&($) Ok, now on Friday I will buy the pedometer, and I alread recruited a friend to walk with me after work (around the park) 2 days out of the week. You know whats sad about this is that "I know what I'm doing wrong" I dont pack my luch and I snack all day" I just gotta get a grip. Thanks you guys for hearing me out
jennb40
on 9/12/07 5:47 am - Nashua, NH
Di - I expect you are not by yourself. I think - I know - we are probably all eating too many snacks, not exercising enough and probably not drinking enough water. I hate that old adage - calories in - calories out which means you have to exercise those incoming calories off! Right now my pedometer is saying I have only used 73 calories for 1.36 miles or 4314 steps. 73 calories is less than any snack I consume. So I have to use up some calories if I am going to snack and by using this pedometer, it is really putting some things in perspective. Check out the pedometer Rebeka recommended on my post of yesterday - I bought the kind she suggested and I love it! You can also order it from amazon.com and it comes pretty quickly - but Walgreens and CVS drug stores have it. It was $39 at CVS and $20 on amazon, but I wanted it yesterday, so I splurged just so I could have it. I deserve to splurg ever so often on myself and this was surely for a good cause. I am going back to get my husband one so we can make sure we are both doing at least 10,000 steps a day! It is fun to watch it all day and see where I am heading. My goal is 10,000 steps a day to begin with and I will have to accomplish that goal tonight after I get home from work. I will let you know tomorrow how many calories burned 10,000 steps amount to. I am guilty of too many snacks and not enough exercise. Glad you found someone to walk with - at least 2 days. I wish we were closer because I would love to walk with you! Confession is good for the soul - or so they say....so now you have confessed, you know what to do and I truly think those 9-10 pounds will fall off as quickly as they came back if you commit yourself to exercise. I think we just HAVE to do it at this stage in our journey. Good luck and hugs! Barbara
layddi
on 9/12/07 8:34 am - Pico Rivera, CA
Thank you Barb for all your words of encouragement (not just today) and I am planning on getting that pedometer Rebeka sugguested
jennb40
on 9/12/07 10:16 pm - Nashua, NH
You go Di - get that pedometer, start practicing for our October walk-a-thon!!!! I am so proud of you - you are going to get to your goal...I can see the light at the end of your personal tunnel....keep going girl! Barbara
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views