MARCHers going to goal!

jennb40
on 9/10/07 10:00 pm - Nashua, NH
Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.....Dale Carnegie Do we have no hope? NO NO NO....we do have hope and we keep on trying - trying to get to goal. Important things are accomplished when we keep on trying, even when it seems we might not get there. I know several of us are frustrated because we haven't met our goals yet...but we have to keep on trying. We have been given this tool that will work - if we use it. I know my husband loves to play with his tools (and I mean the kind in the garage!), but he keeps his tools in good shape. If they get dull, he sharpens them, if they get worn - he trys to fix them. We can do the same with our wonderful tool we have been given as a result of WLS. Let's use that tool and sharpen it up or fix it and get to goal. I have a challenge to throw out to any who might want to participate. I find a little contest works wonders sometimes. Would anybody be willing to purchase a pedometer by October 1st - and us have a contest during the month of October to see who walks the most during the month? Everyone is invited to participate - those at goal and those going to goal. October is a beautiful month - fall is coming in quickly and even in New England, you may have chilly days in October, but it won't prevent you from walking. My suggestion is we put on the pedometers when we get dressed in the morning and take them off when we put on PJ's at night (or whatever you do or don't wear to bed!). Keep track of your miles walked during October and the winner will receive a certificate and a small gift from me. Who will join me? You have 2 1/2 weeks to purchase a pedometer - I haven't checked them out, but don't think they are that expensive. I love Rick's idea of charting his progress. Start from your home town and find a reasonable place you would like to visit - figure out how many miles it is away (must be at least 100!) and begin October 1st walking to that town (ON PAPER! - unless you have lots of time!) We will see how we do by Halloween! Who will join me? Figure out in the next few days where you would like to walk to (on paper) - figure out the mileage and let me know! MARCHers - keep on trying today - even if you THINK you have no hope - which we know is not the case. Have a good day everybody - hugs to all....Barbara
jannineh99
on 9/10/07 10:25 pm - Melrose, MA
Count me In....already have pedometer....... Jannine 357/163/157
jennb40
on 9/11/07 12:36 am - Nashua, NH
Wonderful - I will get you on my list! Thanks for participating! Barbara
Stephanie Smiles
on 9/10/07 10:43 pm - My Town, NH
I think that's a great idea! I'll have to be a cheerleader though. I've purchased pedometers three different times and they somehow fall off and are lost! I'm not sure why I can't seem to keep them around. Charting progress is great too. I have a Body for Life workout schedule on my fridge. I cross off each day after I've completed the exercise. It feels great to see that page filling up with red marks! I definitely have hope! I want to be at 199 so badly by November 1st and then I need to be at 190 by June. I hope, I hope, I hope... Hugs, Stephanie
jennb40
on 9/11/07 12:37 am - Nashua, NH
Ahhh Stephanie...I want you to play!!!! Look at Rebeka's post - I am going to order than one from Amazon. You will make your 190 - I am sure of it!!!! Barb
RebekaA
on 9/10/07 11:11 pm - Inland Empire, CA
Hi Barb, I recently got the Omron(HJ-112) Pedometer and wanted to highly recommend it. I bought it from Amazon. It was $20, and I have found it to be super accurate and has some nice features; like a 7 day memory and an automatic reset. I like that it does NOT count any "jiggling" or moving around as steps so you get a true count. http://www.omronhealthcare.com/enTouchCMS/app/viewDocument?docID=1531 Good luck with your challenge
jennb40
on 9/11/07 12:38 am - Nashua, NH
Thanks for the link Rebeka - as soon as I reply to your post - I am going there to order one! Barbara
layddi
on 9/10/07 11:36 pm - Pico Rivera, CA
I'm in! thank you Rebeka, I was just going to comment about the jiggling, cause I bought one and evertime my belly would jiggle it would give me like "15 steps" So count me in Barb!
jennb40
on 9/11/07 12:40 am - Nashua, NH
Great Di - I am so excited - that makes 3 of us so far! I am ordering the one Rebeka showed in her post! If belly jiggling counts 15 steps - I will win this challenge!!!! Glad to see you posting also...we MARCHers need you! Barb
Rick A.
on 9/11/07 1:58 am - Far Northern, CA
Barbara, I really don't want to burst anyones bubble, but the trying doesn't end when you get to goal. Everyday is a new challenge. It is somewhat easier though because you have that feeling of acomplishment behind you. It also helps to have this support network. I'm up to the walking challenge. I like your idea of charting the mileage and walking to our goal. Tonight is my "live" support group meeting and I have been updating the group on my walking progress. I looked at the atlas last night and as the crow flies I have walked from here in Northern California to Iowa. That blew me away. Have a great day. Rick
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views