Hello Marcher's let's go cruising.

RebekaA
on 9/10/07 12:39 pm - Inland Empire, CA
Nice analogy. I love that you're the one who does all the research for your vacations! My dh has been trying to get me on a cruise for about 10 years now! To be honest I fear them, b/c literally EVERY one of my friends who's been on one, comes back with 8-15 extra pounds on them. I just don't have the kind of self control that is obviously necessary to go on a cruise! I can't be around that much delicious food! I first considered WLS when my friend told me her mom and sister had it and had lost about 150#'s each. At the time I was about 215-220#'s, had been for a few years but with a BMI of 36 and no co-morbities, didn't qualify (insert ironic laugh). 2 years later much DIETING had resulted in my GAINING an additional 30 pounds I now qualified. But the real catalyst was my dh. He was diabetic and getting worse. He had gained around 100 since our marriage years earlier (what can I say, I'm a good cook!) and his dr. seriously recommended it. I had considered it before, and not had the guts to pursue it, but now--heck, I couldn't have HIM get it done, get skinny and get all cute and be THE CUTE ONE! That's MY job I was just SO miserable and getting worse. Diet failure after diet failure had left my metabolism SHOT to the point where I had to reduce my calories to a ridiculously low level to even lose a pound anymore. I couldn't "DIET" anymore. I needed help, something permanent and after researching forever, this seemed like the light at the end of my very long tunnel! I knew I couldn't do it alone anymore. Thankfully this was the answer I had long needed....my gift
Rick A.
on 9/10/07 2:13 pm - Far Northern, CA
Rebeka, You must reconsider a cruise. They are wonderful. There are so many good choices and lots of sugarfree deserts and you walk so much you can hardly gain weight. I broke even on our last cruise. I didn't realize your husband had also taken this same path before you. How nice to be able to share the ride with him. Like so many others, it just seems that the timing had to be right for you. It makes me happy to have you realize that this was a gift to you. I certainly feel it was a life saving gift for me also. Thanks for sharing your story. Rick
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views