MARCHers going to goal!

jennb40
on 9/9/07 9:53 pm - Nashua, NH
The starting point of all achievement is desire. Keep this constantly in mind. Weak desire brings weak results, just as a small amount of fire makes a small amount of heat.....Napoleon Hill Do you desire it MARCHers going to goal? I know you are not weak - nor do you have weak desire because you HAD THE WLS!!!! No weak person would go into that - we know that. BUT we have had the initial honeymoon period and now we must work on the marriage. Our starting point for achievement was the surgery - and now we don't want a small amount of fire making a small amount of heat - we want a bon fire that will get us to GOAL. Do it for yourselves MARCHers, do it for your families - GET TO GOAL....starting yet again today....starting a small fire.....More water, More exercise, More good food choices, ALL your vitamins - now that's a bon fire filled with desire! PROTEIN will be our optimal goal for this week. Eat that tough hard protein first and if you have any room left (you shouldn't!) eat other good food choices. What big fire will you start today? Let us know! Hugs to all...Barbare
Stephanie Smiles
on 9/9/07 11:01 pm - My Town, NH
Mornin' Coach Barb! Can't we go back to the honeymoon phase? Please??? Honeymoons are so much fun! I haven't been as good lately about eating my protein first so this is a good goal for me this week. I have a very, very stressful week this week. I had a long talk with myself yesterday and agreed with myself that one way to combat stress is to exercise. If I can stay committed to my program this week, maybe I will handle the stress more easily. So I was at the gym this morning at 5:30 to do my Body for Life upped body workout. (www.bodyforlife.com) I feel good and am ready to tackle all of the things on my extensive list this morning. Tomorrow, spinning class will take care of my exercise. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday mornings I will be back in the gym and maybe I'll be able to do some cardio on Saturday morning at the hotel in Boston. Here's to a great week! Hugs, Stephanie
jennb40
on 9/9/07 11:10 pm - Nashua, NH
Stephanie - I know you have alot on your plate (and I don't mean food!) - working, going to school, getting ready for PS...wow...a busy woman. Good for your 5:30 am upper body workout - you amaze me - I wish I had more of that determination in me! So try to eat your protein first and that should give you some longer less hungry feelings. Have fun in Boston! Barb
HEATHER K.
on 9/10/07 2:38 am - CORONA, CA
RNY on 03/24/06 with
Well Barbara, I have been eating nothing but protein for the past week and only lost .2 lbs. Thats only a fraction of a pound! How frustrating . How is everyone else doing? I would like to know what the loser's are eating to lose since I have run out of ideas. I will continue on my path to get to goal but at this rate it will take me years. Heather
jennb40
on 9/10/07 10:08 pm - Nashua, NH
Heather, if will not take you years! So you have been getting in the protein - how abou****er and how much exercise? You lost .2 lbs - but how much have you lost the last month? I have gone about 3 months and not really lost anything...but I know I have had too many dang nuts, not enough exercise, and somedays not all my water. Do you want to keep a food dairy and I would do the same and we could share it each day by email - and perhaps evaluate each other's choices? Read my post on Tuesday about the walking challenge and I hope you will participate. .2 lbs. lost is better than .2 lbs gained! Hang in there MARCHer - you will prevail! Barbara
Rick A.
on 9/10/07 3:17 am - Far Northern, CA
Barbara, Another great post. I like your analogies, especially about a small fire making a small heat. Sometimes I need a fire lit under me. I also like your comparrison between the honeymoon phase and marriage. - I have to tell you a story - Last week I was at the doctors office with my mother. I was across the room and I saw all of these fliers related to health related issues. One caught my eye. I though it said "marriage and other headaches" I had to get up and look closer, it really said "migranes and other headaches". I got a laugh out of that all weekend. I guess I need to get my eyes checked. Have a great day, Rick
jennb40
on 9/10/07 10:10 pm - Nashua, NH
Rick - maybe you have been reading too many posts!!!! Marriage and migranes???? Some people might think they are the same!!! But, I doubt you do - sounds like you have great support in your wife! So maybe get your checked or quit reading the posts!!!!! Barb
RebekaA
on 9/10/07 12:24 pm - Inland Empire, CA
Oooooh! Nice analogy and post! You rock!
jennb40
on 9/10/07 10:12 pm - Nashua, NH
Thanks Rebeka - your new picture is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L....you look soooo good! Congratulations on such a job well done! Barbara
RebekaA
on 9/10/07 10:59 pm - Inland Empire, CA
Thank you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!