Fall Recipe - cooler weather means.....

~ Stylz ~
on 9/9/07 4:52 am - North of Boston, MA
it's time for Mama of 3 in Philly / Dame Tooter's Apple Crisp Recipe! If you haven't made this yet, you really should its delicious!! I bet this would be a perfect football Sunday dessert! heres the recipe Apple Crisp 4 cups apples, peeled, cored and sliced (Recommend: Granny Smith or Cortland) 1/3 cup Splenda 1 tablespoon Krusteaz Pancake Mix 1 teaspoon Cinnamon 1/4 cup + 1 T Splenda Brown Sugar 1 cup rolled Oats 1/4 cup Krusteaz Pancake Mix 1/3 cup butter, melted Mix together 1/3 cup Splenda, 1 tablespoon Krusteaz Pancake Mix, and cinnamon. Add apple slices and toss to coat. Spread out in buttered baking dish. Combine brown sugar, oats, remaining Krusteaz Pancake Mix, and butter. Crumble over apple mixture and bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes. Top with sf whipped cream or sf cool whip (optional) Variations: Use equal amount of Pears instead of apples; use 1/2 apples and 1/2 pears and 1/2 tsp. nutmeg; use 3 cups peeled, pitted and cubed peaches instead of apples.
tpandk7777
on 9/9/07 6:07 am - London, Canada
Where do you get the Krusteaz Pancake Mix/ I live in canada and I have never heard of it. I do go to port huron in michigan occasionally. So if I know where to get it, i can look for it the next time I go shopping there. Thanks, Pam
~ Stylz ~
on 9/9/07 7:29 am - North of Boston, MA
They sell it at grocery stores. I was surprised to find it in so many stores because I never saw it before I bought it. here is the link for the brand, they have a "where to buy" link on the left side to find it locally. http://www.continentalmills.com/brands/krusteaz/
tpandk7777
on 9/10/07 2:35 am - London, Canada
Thanks for getting back to me about the product. I put in several zip codes and found nothing. I live in canada any way (but i was hoping that maybe my friends or family in the US could order it for me). I am sure we probably have something along the same line here so I will keep the great sounding recipe and cook for a substitute. Thanks again, Pam
~ Stylz ~
on 9/10/07 4:24 am - North of Boston, MA
If you can't find it, I think substituting a pancake mix you have in Canada would be fine.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views