MARCHers going to goal!

jennb40
on 9/3/07 10:21 pm - Nashua, NH
Success is focusing the full power of all you are on what you have a burning desire to achieve.....Wilferd A. Peterson What do we MARCHers going to goal want to achieve???? Dumb question! We want to achieve our GOAL of looking good, but most importantly our goal is to have good health and we are achieving that - step by step. Now to achieve this goal of good health, among other things - probably the most important to keep that health is insuring we take our VITAMINS each and every day....Please, please, please take all your vitamins today and everyday! In order to continue our burning desire to achieve - and I do believe we all have this burning desire - we need to - you know the spell....exercise, drink more water, and make good food choices....and we will just burn those pounds down! So get with it MARCHers today - make today the first day of the rest of your life and make good choices today! I hope you all had a wonderful Labor Day weekend. Hubby and I took off to Pittsburg, NH - the very northern top edge of NH which borders Canada. We went on a quest to see a moose! Moose Alley starts in Pittsburg and goes about 19 miles to the Canadian border. We finally saw a female - approximately 400 pound - moose at 5:30 a.m. Sunday morning. We didn't see one Saturday at dusk but did at dawn on Sunday and it was incredible! We also spent the night at the most wonderful place you could ever find - Tall Timbers Lodge (www.talltimbers.com - if you are interested in peeking for a future trip yourself!) and we had a cabin right on the lake. We did lots of walking on Saturday - of course with the 2 pugs! They were worn out as we were Saturday night and we all slept like babies! I made good food choices and surprisingly got in all my water and vitamins. So I hope each of you had a great weekend as we officially end summer and move onto fall. Don't you just love the next 4 months....fall beginning, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas! My favorite 4 months of the year. Enjoy your tool you have been given - go on towards goal and let's see how close we can get by our 2 year anniversary in March 2008. Hugs to all....Barbara (finally have seen a moose!)
Stephanie Smiles
on 9/4/07 12:18 am - My Town, NH
Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! I'm going to check out the Tall Timbers link. I'm always looking for weekend get-a-way places. We had a fantastic weekend at Echo Lake. The weather was glorious! I was thinking, as I was sitting on the boat in the sun, that I don't want summer to end quite yet. That's far different thinking than pre-WLS. Before surgery, I couldn't wait for it to cool down. I've spent so much time outside this year. I love it! I do love fall, though, and look forward to all of the fun things this time of year brings. I had a bit of difficulty this weekend with food. The people we were staying with don't know that I had surgery so I didn't always have good options or stick to my normal meal schedule. I managed okay and tried to make the best of it. I did make sure to bring lots of bottled water so I was in good shape in that area. I'm ready to get back to my routine! I have good meals planned for today, one dose of calcium down with the other vitamins to come, and my spinning class is tonight. I'm ready! I'm so glad you finally saw a moose! They are so cool to watch. I've only seen one and he was wandering around Hanover, NH. He caused quite the traffic backup. Happy Tuesday! Hugs, Stephanie
jennb40
on 9/4/07 2:59 am - Nashua, NH
Sounds like you had a nice weekend at Echo Lake...I'll have to check that out sometime. Sounds like you managed well enough with your food...and good for you taking your water so you could keep that going. Isn't it fun to be able to do all the things we only thought about before? Next time we go back to Tall Timbers - we are renting a boat and/or canoe - we should have done it this time! Take care and see you in a few weeks for lunch with our returning cruise woman STYLZ!!!! Barbara
HEATHER K.
on 9/4/07 1:58 am - CORONA, CA
RNY on 03/24/06 with
The weekend was HOT!! You'd think southern California would be in the 80's but we have had 110 weather with humidity for the past 5 days. I did manage to get my walking in over the weekend. I had to get up at 6am to beat the heat. I did great with food since it was so hot no one wanted to go anywhere. I kept busy inside by watching movies and cleaning kids rooms. I have two high schoolers now, a freshman and senior. This should prove to be an exciting year. I stepped on the scale this morning and it shows I'm down 2 pounds. This is great but not used to the scale moving so slow. I will keep it going to get to goal. Glad you had a great weekend. I need a vacation from this heat. Heather
jennb40
on 9/4/07 3:03 am - Nashua, NH
and for losing those 2 pounds....remember...little steps, little steps....we can do this!!! I had heard it was really unusually hot in California this past weekend...hope it cools down a bit. Congrats on getting your walking in - especially in the heat! Ahhh...a freshman and a senior - how well I remember those days - except my kids were 6 years apart. Senior years are so much fun for the kids and the parents - enjoy every minute of it - they will be gone before you know it! I have a granddaughter that will start kindergarten next year - can't believe how fast - it seems like only yesterday her dad was a senior in high school and it was 15 years ago!!! Keep going Heather...together we are all going to "get to goal" or dang near it! Barbara
Rick A.
on 9/4/07 2:11 am - Far Northern, CA
Barbara, It sounds like you had a great weekend. I'm glad we are going into your favorite season. I am more of a spring summer kind of guy. It's a good thing we all have our season. Have a good day, Rick
jennb40
on 9/4/07 3:05 am - Nashua, NH
Well, I actually love spring and summer also, but guess fall is my favorite! I love all the snow we get here in NH - never had that when I lived in TN for the majority of my life!!!! I am glad to live in a place that actually has all 4 seasons! Have a good day....
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views