Marchers at goal reminders - W E P N

Rick A.
on 9/3/07 1:53 pm - Far Northern, CA
We have many tools or weapons in our arsenal. The first tool is water. Water is the most important nutrient in our body. Water makes up 70 percent of our muscles and 75 percent of our brain. The only thing that our bodies crave more than water is oxygen. Water helps us maintain proper muscle tone, prevents dehydration, improves our skin and hair, and helps rid our body of waste and harmful toxins. It increases our energy level, suppresses our appetite, and helps us maintain our weight. It is absolutely essential to our good health and well-being. It is recommended that we consume at least 64 ounces of water a day. It may seem difficult for many of us, but it is a must. I think that WLS people should be known by our water bottle. Strive to continually have one with you. Water is a powerful tool for weight loss. It has become much more convenient and even chic to drink bottled water. As a side note I live in a rural area within 50 miles of several water bottling plants. We joke with people from the city that we use the same water that they pay for to water our lawns and flush our toilets. It's nice to be a "country boy". WATER, it does a body good. Life is great, Rick
jennb40
on 9/3/07 10:29 pm - Nashua, NH
I was drinking water as I read your post! Thanks for reminding us how important tha****er is! Barb....going to goal!
Beckers
on 9/4/07 12:33 am - Cottage Grove, OR
I'm sipping on my coffee as I read abou****er LOL Yeah, hydrating myself has always been an issue, even pre-surgery. I just don't drink much... Yesterday I focused and got more water down, and I was so proud of myself I tend to put the Crystal Light To Go packets in my bottled water to make it more interesting to drink. Whatever works to make me drink.
Rick A.
on 9/4/07 1:55 am - Far Northern, CA
Rebecca, I also drink the flavored drink packets, but I'm cheap and get them at the dollar store. It sure does give me more variety to what I drink and makes it easier to get myr fluids in. The important thing is that we are drinking. Rick
miminjoey
on 9/4/07 5:34 am - Fort Bragg, NC
I so need to work on this if I am lucky I might get in 64 oz of any fluid in...so far today i've had 3 cups of decaf coffee, 1/2 a caffine free coke, and 1/2 glass of water. the sad thing I love water....if i have it cold in the fridge i'll grab it before anything...my problem is for getting to put it in there...like now I have a case of water that has been in my van since sat...a lot of good it's doing me in my van.
Rick A.
on 9/4/07 7:25 am - Far Northern, CA
Mimi, I think a trick you might want to use is freeze a partial bottle of water then just top it off. Even if it sits awhile it will still be cold when you think about it. Also try to always keep a bottle of water with you. If it is right in front of me I'm more likely to drink it. Have a great day, Rick
~ Stylz ~
on 9/5/07 2:54 am - North of Boston, MA
great post, can't wait to read our EPN for the week Water is great for weight loss. I drink TONS of it a day! When at work I fill a 20oz cup and drink it before breakfast and fill a 32oz nalgene bottle when I get home and drink it all night. Another way I found getting in a few more ounces is to bring a bottle of water to bed and take a few sips when I wake up periodically throught the night. you're lucky to enjoy water bottling plants by you! My cousin in Canada lived by a spring water plant. I still remember the fresh spring water taste mmmmm
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views