MARCHERs going to goal!

jennb40
on 8/28/07 9:40 pm - Nashua, NH
The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one.....Mark Twain Are we getting started - breaking our complex tasks into small manageable tasks and starting on the first one? What is our first task? TO BE DETERMINED TO GET TO GOAL!!!! We can do it MARCHers - one little step at a time - or maybe some big steps. Our goals to get to goal? Eat better and perhaps less (using our wonderful tool), drink more water, take our vitamins and EXERCISE! We have to do all these things for the rest of our lives - no excuse accepted! So yesterday was pretty good for me. My protein plus cereal and blueberries for breakfast, chicken topped with ham and cheese for lunch, and a piece of salmon with an half ear of corn for dinner. Maybe the corn wasn't the best choice - but it was good and it was only a half an ear! I only got in 4 waters yesterday - 66 ozs and 2 medium unsweet DD iced teas! I had 2 tablespoons of peanut butter during the day and no other snack. I got a 20 minute walk in during lunch - should have done more exercising and a little more water. Faithfully took all my vitamins! How did you do yesterday? What are your goals for today? Only one day at a time for goals so as to not get overwhelmed! Also - all you MARCHers going to goal - and those that are there - do me a favor today. Take a peek at your "before" and "current" picture - close your eyes a second and thank yourself for getting to where you are today....then you "going to goal" MARCHers - picture yourself looking like you want when you get to goal. Have a good day and stay focused on your tasks/goals for today! Hugs to all, Barbara
layddi
on 8/29/07 1:07 am - Pico Rivera, CA
Hi, my name is Di (Diana) I had my RNY on March 21, 2006, I am a "Major-Major-Major Lurker." Simply because of simple fact of "Pure-Vanity," I was asshamed of admitting I'm not a "Looser." I kept reading everyones posts and they are all doing so well, and I'm still in the 200s I've been going up and down the same 20 pounds for 6+ months. I've also noticed everyone have become good friends. Well, was reading your post and you said "Take a peek at your before and current picture," I did just that and you encouraged my to come out and ask for encouragement. "I WANT TO BE A LOOSER!!!"
jennb40
on 8/29/07 1:23 am - Nashua, NH
Di - welcome to the best group of people you will ever find. Us MARCHers are a caring, concerned group of people and we need and want you to be a part of us. We have several who are not to goal and have several who are and contemplating and doing plastic surgery already. I am definitely not to that point - and at my age don't know if I will or not!!!! Join in with us MARCHers trying to get to goal. I plan on posting a motivational message Monday thru Friday and be sure and read it and let me know if you want anything else to be included. Come be a LOOSER with the rest of us...we will get those 20 pounds gone forever! I am so glad you came out of lurk-dom....come again soon...we need you! Hugs to you, Barbara
Mama-of-3
on 8/29/07 7:18 am - Philadelphia area, PA
Diana Email me directly. I forgot how to do that! [email protected] Trish
RebekaA
on 8/29/07 12:30 pm - Inland Empire, CA
Welcome to the board! Glad you came out of lurkdome!
~ Stylz ~
on 8/30/07 12:31 pm - North of Boston, MA
Di and welcome! glad you stopped lurking and started posting Its great to find new Marchers who are going down the same journey as the rest of us. Hope to see more of you in the future
Stephanie Smiles
on 8/30/07 10:47 pm - My Town, NH
Welcome Di! We're so glad you joined us from lurkville. I'm still in those 200s too. You ARE a loser! We just need to continue our good habits so that we can see that scale move in the right direction. So glad you said hello! Hugs, Stephanie
layddi
on 8/29/07 1:55 am - Pico Rivera, CA
Hi Barbara, thank you for the "Warm Welcome," but I dont think I explained my hole situation. I've been stuck going up and down the same 20lbs for 6+ months, but in actuality I need 50lbs to get to my goal weight "I've got a long way to go" hope you all have patience. I'm actually worried, because don't they say "It's the first 18 months, where you'll loose all the weight you will loose" ???
Rick A.
on 8/29/07 2:35 am - Far Northern, CA
De Di, Welcome to the March board. It is so neat to have a new member after all of this time. I hope you have gained something from all of our expierences and now we can learn from yours. I'm glad you saw a difference in your pictures. That is such a great feeling. Don't feel bad about having a ways to go to reach your goal. We all have unmet goals, but at least we are trying. I don't buy the 18 month theory. We always have this tool and it will work for us as long as we work it. Just take one day at a time and each success will lead to a long string of successes and you will look back and realize how far you have come. You already have made great progress. Remember it is a journey and none of us are done yet. Again, welcome aboard. Life is great, Rick
jennb40
on 8/29/07 9:23 am - Nashua, NH
When I said 20 - I just meant the 20 you are going up and down with...then we will go after the rest of those nasty pounds!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views