Hello "March Goal tenders"

Rick A.
on 8/27/07 4:11 pm - Far Northern, CA
One definition of goal tender is: "the act of guarding a goal" Okay, so now we have reached or are nearing our goals. How do we guard that goal? I think the first step is to remind ourselves of how we got this close or attained our goals. When we feel that we are starting to stray we need to get back to the basics. It really is pretty simple. I don't think any of us would have gotten this far without knowing what we are supposed to be doing. It wasn't easy reaching our goals and sometimes we forget that there still is work to be done. It is just as important or even more important to maintain the weight loss we have achieved. How many times during your pre surgery life did you lose a significant amount of weight and before you knew it the weight crept back? It is different now. We have this incredible tool and it will always be with us if we remember to use it. The other great thing is we don't have to do it alone. There are always people in our lives that our here to encourage us. None of us would be reading this if we didn't feel the need to reach out to others. I know in my old life I would never have reached out for help. I felt like I had to do it on my own. I now know where that got me and I don't want to go back. So what do you say? I'm here for you and I'm grateful to know that you are here for me as well. Let me know if I can help. My challenge to you is to be the best goal tender you can be. Life is great, Rick
jennb40
on 8/28/07 12:44 am - Nashua, NH
Thanks for your comments Rick. It is useful for all of us - at goal, almost there, or a way to go. And the good thing is we all have each other! Great post...from the "getting to goal" coach - Barb!
RebekaA
on 8/28/07 2:33 pm - Inland Empire, CA
"When we feel that we are starting to stray we need to get back to the basics." You are totally right Rick, I couldn't agree more. And it's important to REMEMBER that we are different now too, better equipped I hope to maintain what we've achieved. I've had about 3 times where I got off track and felt myself slipping, wanting to out eat my pouch, snack all day and not eat right. These "spells" pre-op, usually resulted in a 10 pound gain before I regained control... Each time, I went back to basics and felt better and back in control within a week! It was strange to "win" for a change, but it made me feel like the next time it happened, I'd be ok for a change. Have a great week all!
Rick A.
on 8/28/07 4:03 pm - Far Northern, CA
Rebeka, You are so right. I'm proud of you for realizing when you stray and now you are able to get back on track. It is such a great feeling to know YOU are in control and not your hunger. I don't know about you, but I really don't get hungry anymore. It is such a blessing. I hope you know that you are truly a "winner" in so many ways. Rick
~ Stylz ~
on 8/30/07 11:23 am - North of Boston, MA
well put Rick and very motivational! My aunt has told me about her "lifetime" membership at weigh****chers. She has obtained her goal after many years and as long as she weighs in once a month with the local office and is within 5 lbs of that goal, she no longer has to pay membership. I've taken that concept into my own wls experience and weigh in once a month. If I'm closer to a 5lb gain, I tighten the reigns on my eating habbits for the following week (and sometimes even a second week) to get my weight back to where it should be
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views