MARCHers going to goal!

jennb40
on 8/26/07 9:50 pm - Nashua, NH
"One may walk over the highest mountain one step at a time." -John Wanamaker Okay going to goal MARCHers....let's get over the mountain one step at a time - starting new TODAY! Let's try baby steps for today.... 1. Give up one snack...make your goal to try and have 3 balanced meals and only 1 snack! For me today - I am going to try NO snacks today - no blasted nuts, no protein bar, no NSA fudgesicle....well maybe my one snack will be the NSA fudgesicle tonight!!! BUT NO NUTS for me today! 2. Drink one more 8 ounces of water....even if you are drinking your 8 - 8 oz. glasses of water a day - let's add to it and make it 9- 8oz. glasses! I usually get in 4 - 16 oz bottles of water in addition to my one/two medium unsweet teas from Dunkin Donuts...but I will try to get in another one today! 3. Take only a 15 minute walk - if you are doing NO exercise, make a promise to yourself and our other MARCHers going to goal to take at least a 15 minute walk today. Even if you are exercising - add another 15 minutes - you can do it at lunch, or park farther away in the parking lot - or spend your 15 minute break during the day taking a stroll. Or by drinking that extra water - go to the farthest bathroom or if you are around steps - walk up the steps to a bathroom on another floor! It is a beautiful day in Boston today and I have an one hour lunch period so my personal goal is to walk at least 30 minutes at lunch today...wish you could come join me - but I will be thinking about you on my trip and hoping you are accomplishing this one "step at a time"! 4. TAKE YOUR VITAMINS - 'nuff said! OK - our goals today - less snacking, more water, 15 minute walk/exercise of some type - in addition to whatever else you are doing and TAKE YOUR VITAMINS! Tomorrow I will post the results of my goals and food intake. Have a good day MARCHers to goal - we can do this. Let's take this 5 pounds at a time. September starts on Saturday - let's do 5 pounds by October 1st - everybody with me? Let's go... Hugs to all...Barbara
Rick A.
on 8/26/07 10:50 pm - Far Northern, CA
Barbara, Great post. Even though I'm the captain of the other team, I appreciate your suggestions. The best part is when you are successful motivating all of your people they become team members of mine. I'll be thrilled when all of us are on the same team. Life is great, Rick
jennb40
on 8/26/07 11:20 pm - Nashua, NH
Well Captain...I read your post and appreciated your suggestions also. Hopefully we can form a support group here and we can all join in on the same team soon! I think some type of support is good. My surgeon's support groups meet at night and it just repeats itself ever so often - so I am not sure what good it does after you have been through the cycle - I need more daily support at this stage I think...so let's keep everybody motivated. Thanks again for volunteering...hope to see you on the goal side by the end of the year or for sure by our 2nd year anniversary!!!! We will all have to MAINTAIN for the rest of our lives..... Barb
Stephanie Smiles
on 8/26/07 11:21 pm - My Town, NH
Mornin' coach! These are great goals for the day. I'm going to refrain from my morning snack today. I'll fit in another glass of water and see if I can't talk that husband of mine into a walk this evening. He had a physical last week and the doctor would like him to lose 20 pounds or so. I didn't make it to the gym this morning so I need to do something! I'll get those vitamins in for sure! Thanks to both you and Rick for working hard to keep us motivated! I'll be reading the "at goal" groups posts too. You can never have enough motivation! Hugs, Stephanie
~ Stylz ~
on 8/30/07 11:03 am - North of Boston, MA
hows it going with your snacking girl? I'm workin on the vitamin thing and by taking calcium in the am before leaving the house seems to really help, thanks for the great tip surgery buddy!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views