Surgery 08/31

Darlene X
on 8/23/07 5:25 am - Maricopa, AZ
Well... I had an u/s done today, and assuming it is gall stones which we are pretty sure it is.. I am scheduled to go into surgery next Friday at 11.30am Im scared!
jennb40
on 8/23/07 6:10 am - Nashua, NH
It is easy to say..."don't be scared"....but try not to be. I had my gall bladder taken out when I had the WLS - I didn't even know before the pre-op testing, but I had gall stones so he opted to take it out even though I was having no symptoms of gall bladder problems. If they do it laproscopic...it will barely hold you down - only a couple of days and you will be back good as new. I am sending get well prayers and wishes your way and let us know when you get home. Good luck and hang in there! Barbara
Rick A.
on 8/23/07 10:25 am - Far Northern, CA
Darlene, You will be so much better before you know it. Just think how much better shape your body is going into this surgery then it was for your WLS. I know it is a concern, but you will do fine. I will be thinking of you. Take care as best you can. Rick, your S.T.
miminjoey
on 8/23/07 11:46 am - Fort Bragg, NC
i'll be thinking of you...the good thing is after surgery and after you heal you'll feel so much better....then you can really get back on track...not that you ever got off like some of us...raising hand!
BabyRuth2u
on 8/23/07 11:04 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
(((Darlene))))) things will be ok. Sorry you had to have the pain, but once this is over, then it wont hurt anymore. You are young and strong. you did well with your wls, so you should be good here also. We'll be thinking of you.
Beckers
on 8/24/07 4:16 am - Cottage Grove, OR
Darlene- I'm sorry you are going through this I know any surgery is scary. Looking on the bright side, you are young and healthy, and gallbladder surgery is very common, so I'm sure it will be just a couple days of discomfort and then you'll be much better, and happy to have the pain of gallstones over with. I had my gallbladder removed in 1995, waaayy before WLS, and I remember the attacks of pain before hand, not fun... I remember I recovered from surgery after a few days, and within a week I was back to normal, just taking it easy. Very similar to the WLS recovery time. *hugs* We are here for you.
Stephanie Smiles
on 8/26/07 11:24 pm - My Town, NH
Darlene, I'll send you good thoughts on Friday. I hope everything goes well and that you are soon pain free! Hugs, Stephanie
Mary M.
on 8/27/07 10:39 am - Livonia, MI
I also had my GB out with my WLS. I had stones and I knew it for 2 years before my surgery but I wanted everything at once. I can't believe how much it was making me sick. I feel much better now and you will too! It's nice to see you on here. Love, Mary PS- I think it normal to be scared. I work in surgery and people really do well with this type of surgery. Let me know if you have any questions.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views