Slippery Slope

Sheryl J.
on 8/23/07 4:04 am - Madison, WI
RNY on 03/01/06 with
Well, it's happening to me like it could happen to anybody who is careless. I'm headed down that slippery slope. After several months of maintaining at above my goal, my weight has slowly started to creep up. I shouldn't really be surprised. I've been careless about my eating habits. It's hard to undo a lifetime of bad choices, and I shouldn't make excuses, but I do anyway. I'm tired today, I deserve a treat. Just one piece won't hurt. Etc, etc, I'm sure you're all familiar with the litany. I should know what to do, but I'd like to solicit some advice. How do you manage to keep on track? 218/208/138/115 4'11"
RebekaA
on 8/23/07 9:08 am - Inland Empire, CA
You can do it! Tell yourself you want to STAY thin more than you want anything to eat. Pull out those old before pics, put them up on the fridge. Remember how Pre Op you probably wished you had taken control when you *only* had 10, 20, 30 pounds to lose--instead of waiting till it was too late and you were MO. I know I did! When I get the munchies, which is often these days, I munch on raw veggies with Ranch, or I chug a ton of water and make myself wait the full 30 min. before eating anything and if I still want it after that I may have a small snack or go with the veggies. Mainly I just keep anything tempting out of my house. I also notice that I do better when I plan my weekly menu and have healthy food on hand. I also notice I snack a lot more at night if I don't eat a good dinner. You can do it! All the best,
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views