Home after LBL

robinsaxton
on 8/22/07 7:06 am - Columbia, MD
Hi there! I just wanted to take a minute to check in and let you all know that I am doing considerably well following my lower body lift. I am VERY pleased with what I see so far. I thought I would have much more pain in the beginning. The first few days were pretty good. Nerves are starting to "wake up" so I am having quite a bit of discomfort the past two days. My bum is numb all the time and that causes me to feel very achy. I can't stand straight up or bend over to far but that will come with time. If I drop something on the floor that I can't pick up with my toes, it stays there until someone else is home and can get it. I feel that the next week or so will be the toughest but I hope to have marked improvement by labor day weekend. I had surgery on Tuesday, August 14th, came home on Thursday, Aug 16th, with 6 drains. I had four drains taken out on Monday, Aug 20th. I hope to have one more out on Friday and the last one next Monday. I tire very easily but I hope that will pick up as I increase my eating and get back on track with my vitamins. I have lost about 11 lbs. They removed 6 lbs of skin and fat. I can already tell a difference. I tried on my youngest daughter's size 12 jeans and they fit with room to spare!!! That makes me very happy. I hope to so shopping over labor day weekend and see what size jeans I really wear. I haven't taken any measurements yet but will do so in another week or two. I am still swollen and want to give that time to go down. Dr. Bonnecarrere & Dr. Martin were wonderful. I'll write more again later, I am done sitting up for now and need to get back to reclining. Hugs, Robin
BabyRuth2u
on 8/22/07 11:40 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Welcome back Robin. It sounds like you are doing pretty well. Congrats on being so brave!! I wish you continued success in your healing. Let us know that jeans size! Take care. Keep up the good work!
miminjoey
on 8/22/07 11:44 am - Fort Bragg, NC
I am so glad you are doing ok...i've been thinking about you a lot the last few days...please continue to keep us posted so we'll all know what to expect when it is out turn...have you lost 11 pounds total...including the 6 they removed? that is great! i wanna go next!!! anway take care of yourself...don't do too much too soon...that's what those kids are for!
Rick A.
on 8/22/07 11:47 am - Far Northern, CA
Robin, I am proud of you. I believe you are the first "Marcher" to take this next step. It sounds like you are doing great and have already had great results. I think it would br kind of be a scarry choice to make after having another surgery almost 18 months ago, but it should make you feel complete. Be sure and give us updated pictures and let us know of your progress. Rest and take it easy for awhile. Rick
RebekaA
on 8/22/07 12:12 pm - Inland Empire, CA
Good to hear from you Robin. Glad you are doing reasonably well! WOW SIX drains! Yikes!!!! How exciting to be a "whole new you" (again) I hope you continue to feel better and better. Can't wait to see pics!
jennb40
on 8/22/07 10:25 pm - Nashua, NH
Hey Robin, we have all been wondering how you are doing...so glad you are home and exercising those toes!!!! Maybe you need to get one of those "grab sticks" like senior citizens have! They do wonders for picking up and grabbing things - at least until you start moving better...which I am sure will be really soon! Congratulations on taking this big step - and I hope your pain gets less and less. Can't wait to see the pictures! Take care of yourself and hugs to you....Barb
Stephanie Smiles
on 8/23/07 1:17 am - My Town, NH
Robin, so glad you are home and healing! It sounds as if your surgery went very well and that you are happy with the results. Congratulations! We're very proud of you. Thanks so much for checking in and letting us know you are doing well. Hugs, Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views