Ehh I think I have gallstones..

Darlene X
on 8/20/07 12:41 am - Maricopa, AZ
I figured this may be coming... Yesterday morning, I was in bed completely doubled over in a lot of pain (3-4 hours). I finally let EJ convince me to go to the ER but by the time we got there (45 min drive) the pain was gone), so to avoid the $100 ER co-pay, we didnt end up going. Im 99% sure its gallstones. It was the right side stomach, and radiated into my back. At the time of surgery I didnt have stones, so he left it in. EJ's sister just had her's taken out after several gallstone attacks (3 years post-op). Im calling my surgeon today to make an appointment.. it was pretty scary pain yesterday. Lets hope no more attacks until I can get this sucker taken out.
~ Stylz ~
on 8/20/07 4:25 am - North of Boston, MA
it sounds like gallstones to me.. a girl who had surgery around the same time as me had hers taken out not long ago. She said greasy or foods higher in fat triggered attacks for her. maybe it would help watching that until surgery? let us know how you make out, good luck
Darlene X
on 8/20/07 4:26 am - Maricopa, AZ
K I have an appt for 10am tomorrow... and Im asking for drugs! If this happens again, I am not bearing the pain without them LOL
Rick A.
on 8/20/07 7:53 am - Far Northern, CA
Darlene, I'm sorry to hear you have been having such pain. I understand there is nothing like it and about the only real solution is to have the sucker taken out. I hope you don't have any more attacks until you can get it done. On a side note, it's our 17 month surgiversary. I hope you are doing okay otherwise. Life is great, your S.T. Rick
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views