protein

HEATHER K.
on 8/14/07 1:06 pm - CORONA, CA
RNY on 03/24/06 with
Just wondering how much protein everyone is getting daily? I can not seem to push the scale past 200 and I think it's because I don't eat enough. Has anyone else had a stall of months with no weight loss? I'm getting very frustrated and find myself wanting to go on a diet. Isn't that the reason I had the surgery in the first place, diets don't work! I have been keeping track of my food intake for the past month and eat between 800 - 900 cal per day. When I keep track I stop eating before I reach 900 cal because I think that is too much food. This weight loss thing is all mental. Starting weight 358 and currently 203. If anyone has any tried and true remedies they would greatly be appreciated.
BabyRuth2u
on 8/15/07 1:34 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Hi Heather, The scale does move slowly now doesn't it? Or sometimes not at all. Since the beginning of the year I have hit many stalls. But I do believe you are not eating enough. I think that this far our 800-900 isn't enough. Do you do protein shakes at all? If you aren't eating enough protein then try supplementing. I have used them since day one and feel they have been a big assest to my weightloss. I did do 2 a day for the first year and a few months. The past two months I'd say I cut it to one a day, because I can eat more now, want to eat more (which stinks!!) but I do watch, count calories, and make good decisions 90% of the time. Do you drink enough water, take your vitamins? i think this all plays an important part, it all works together. What about exercise? I am still keeping active, so that helps. Are you able to eat more than 800-900 calories? Or is that just the amount you have been setting for yourself? Are you eating carbs? If so, how much? You might want to re-evaluate that. I have no secrets, just my experience and that I've seen of others. These are the things you need to look at. I started at 345 originally, then about 325 at surgery day. I am now at 171. When I hit 199 at the beginning of the year, it's been slllllllllllllllow moving since, but I'm still losing. I seem to hit stalls for weeks at a time then lose like 5 lbs and maintain again. But I keep plugging away. and Im kind of sorry to say that we do need to diet. Or at least that is what it feels like for me everyday. I have to think and plan what I'm going to eat if I want to be successful, and that is what i had to do when I dieted before. So having the surgery is no miracle cure. We are going to be food and weight conscious the rest of our life. It does not go away. In my opinion, it's even more of a part of my life. It's a 24/7 thing. Most times thats fine, it doesnt bother me, Then other days it drives me insane. LOL but I'll take it!! I hope you find the niche you need to break that 200, it's a great feeling to be below it. You have done fantstic. Just change some things up a bit. Eat a little more if you can of protein, or add a protein supplement. If there is anything I call the secret, it would be protein shakes. I believe in them wholeheartedly! Good luck!!
Stephanie Smiles
on 8/16/07 2:41 am - My Town, NH
Hi Heather. I'm right there with you. I've been at 207 for months now. I agree with Ruth Ann that you may not be getting enough calories each day. I eat between 1200 and 1500. I do exercise often and am closer to 1500 on those days. I eat close to 90 grams of protein each day but since I'm stuck too, I'm not sure if that's the answer. I figure that my body is taking a rest and when it's ready, it will begin losing again. I hope! Good luck! Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views