WDYET?? *** MONDAY ***

~ Stylz ~
on 8/6/07 2:22 am - North of Boston, MA
back to work, I feel like i haven't left this place! I've been doing some research on healthy cleansing and am really trying to steer in that direction. I've been juicing fruits and vegetables for a while now and feel like I want to take that to a new level. Theres a health food store in my area that has classes on cleansing, I think I'll sign up for the next one. Not to lose more weight, just to eat healthier and stop putting so many toxins in my body.. This weekend I read about a "green lemonade" that many people who cleanse drink. They drink betwee 8-64 oz of it daily (starting at 8, drinking more once you "tollerate" it). I was kind of skepticle about it since they used the word tollerate, but I gave it a shot and its good! I'm on my 3rd glass today.. Its a combination of 1 head romaine lettuce, 4-5 kale leaves, 1-2 apples, 1" ginger root and 1 whole lemon (peel included). You can only taste the lemon honestly, not bad! ok heres my day so far: drive to work- nothing, I think my sleep pattern is still off from the weekend, I need some serious solid sleep glass of green lemonade medium french vanilla iced coffee, xmilk breakfast - protein muffin 2 glasses green lemonade lunch - 2oz. steak with 1/4c. arroz con gandules dinner - shrimp lo mein more green lemonade vitamins - took them water - 3 bottles so far exercise - 45 min walk and lots of counter top push ups
ooh-lala
on 8/6/07 2:30 pm - Great Bend, KS
You are very brave to try the green lemonade! Breakfast: 1 cup Kashi Protein cereal and 1/2 cup skim milk, 1/2 c fresh fruit (strawberries, nectarines, grapes) Lunch: 1 cup leftover jambalaya; 1/2 cup fresh fruit (same as breakfast) Dinner: My employer had a picnic tonight. I had 2 bites of a very greasy hamburger on a huge bun, 2 bites of 'fruit salad' and 2 bites of cheesy potatoes. There were no healthy choices and the food sucked. It was too hot to eat anyway (105 degrees). I was sick to my stomach within 30 minutes of dinner. Snack: 1 oz reduced fat cheese, 1/2 c grapes I was exhausted today too. Had to take a nap at work today in fact. I've had a horrible headache for two days too. I think the tirednessan the headache are both from the heat.
~ Stylz ~
on 8/7/07 12:22 am - North of Boston, MA
The green lemonade is MUCH better than I thought it would be. I swore she was just saying "really, you'll only taste the lemon" just so people would try it, but shes right! Its good to see you back, you seem to always have a tasty menu and great recipe ideas how are things going with the wedding plans?
ooh-lala
on 8/7/07 10:31 am - Great Bend, KS
Wedding plans are going well. Jo and I are having a blast planning and making decisions! We have decided our reception will be the biggest Christmas party we will ever host (we both LOVE the holidays). We've got a choir to sing Christmas songs during dinner and we even invited Santa to the reception! Right now I'm trying to decide whether or not to wear a veil and how to wear my hair. I'm in love with about 20 different hairstyles!
~ Stylz ~
on 8/8/07 1:10 am - North of Boston, MA
CHristmas Party / Reception sounds SO nice!! Keep us posted on the plans, can't wait to see pictures you'll make a beautiful bride!
Stephanie Smiles
on 8/7/07 12:09 am - My Town, NH
Wow! Green Lemonade?? Let us know how it makes you feel after a couple of days of drinking it. I've been reading tons of stuff too about all natural, healthy foods to put in my body. It's amazing how much more conscious of that kind of stuff I am now. I hope it's a good thing! Breakfast: oatmeal with a sliced banana Lunch: wrap with ham, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and dijon mustard Dinner: salmon, 1/4 cup rice pilaf and 1 cup green beans Snack: NSA Fudgsicle and 1/2 a brownie Water: 68 ounces Vitamins: all in Exercise: none Hugs, Stephanie
~ Stylz ~
on 8/7/07 12:26 am - North of Boston, MA
The green lemonade is making me feel incredible! Its so good for you, I re-read the info about it last night as to why its good for you, I'll post the paragraph tonight when I'm home. It gives you such a boost! Now to kick the coffee habbit and stick to drinking that for the energy! I'm still drinking it now because of the headaches, but slowly switching to decaf than no more!! Did you see dunkins is now selling pizzas?? Pizza my favorite food, iced coffee my favorite drink.. I swear its sabotage!! do you only eat 1 fudgesicle? I can't stop at 1 popsicle! I have like 4 of them espically when its warm out. Theres days I eat 6 of them!! My nutritionist who thinks I'm anyway thinks its ok because its extra liquid.. woo hoo
Stephanie Smiles
on 8/7/07 1:17 am - My Town, NH
I can't believe Dunkins is selling pizzas. That's kind of weird! I discovered, on vacation, that three or four of their chocolate donut holes are quite tasty and cure my chocolate cravings. Dangerous stuff! Yup, I limit myself to only 1 NSA Fudgsicle. I think popsicles are fewer calories than Fudgsicles. I say, eat as many of 'em as you like!
~ Stylz ~
on 8/8/07 1:22 am - North of Boston, MA
ok heres my health lesson for the month this is what the book says about "Green Lemonade" This drink literally infuses your body with millions of enzymes, keeps your immune system strong year round, offers unparalleled protection against osteoporosis and tastes highly refreshing and filling. Its a fact, nothing is more live-eyzymen rich than freshly extracted vegetable juice. Ounce for ounce its the most enzyme loaded, easily absorbably form of nutrition avaiable on the planet. I guess it wont hurt to experiment with it! I'll keep you posted on how it goes
jannineh99
on 8/18/07 11:12 am - Melrose, MA
Karen the "Green Lemonade" do you make it in your juicer...I have the Jack Llane power juicer....not sure if I could make this in it....and how much does one batch make? I tried this new drink at the supermarket today it was black currant juice and it was yummy.... Jannine 357/163/157
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views