Unbaked Chocolate Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies

~ Stylz ~
on 8/2/07 1:44 am - North of Boston, MA
I had these at a friends house a while ago, she just sent the recipe, they were so good! heres the recipe incase anyones looking for a treat 1/2 cup butter (I think I'm going to try 1/3c instead) 1/2 cup milk 2 cups white sugar (splenda for me of course ) 1/2 cup peanut butter 3 cups quick cooking oats 5 tablespoons cocoa powder 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or peanuts (optional) 1/2 cup raisins (optional) 1/2 cup flaked coconut (optional) (they sell unsweetened coconut flakes in the healthy section of grocery stores incase anyone was looking for the healthy stuff) Cook butter or margarine, milk and sugar in kettle and boil for 1 and 1/2 minutes. Add peanut butter, oatmeal, cocoa powder and any one of the optional ingredients. Drop on waxed paper and allow to cool before serving.
jennb40
on 8/2/07 5:35 am - Nashua, NH
sounds yummy....do you think you could use pecans rather than walnuts or peanuts??? Barb
~ Stylz ~
on 8/2/07 7:05 am - North of Boston, MA
sure! I think I want to try them this weekend. I've been on an almond kick so I might use those instead!
jannineh99
on 8/2/07 12:55 pm - Melrose, MA
sounds yummy.....could you use hazlenut...those are my favorite.... Jannine
~ Stylz ~
on 8/2/07 10:06 pm - North of Boston, MA
I can't see why not, hazelnuts sound yummy! I havent had those in so long!
Beckers
on 8/2/07 1:23 pm - Cottage Grove, OR
OMG I'm drooling! I was looking for an oatmeal-type cookie recipe THANK YOU!
~ Stylz ~
on 8/2/07 10:07 pm - North of Boston, MA
They were really good! I liked the chocolate, peanut butter, coconut combination together, she didn't put raisins in hers, but chocolate and coconut together.. mmmmmmmmm
timsdanni
on 8/3/07 10:22 pm - Ft Stewart, GA
these sound GREAT - gotta try this one word of warning from someone who is bakign with splenda a LOT - use 3/4 of the amount of splenda that you would sugar so 1 1/3 cup in this cookie and leave them to cool just a bit longer than normal my sil is baking at a resturant that is starting to specize in low fat low sugar foods so she keeps me updated on yummy stuff and ideas danni
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views