Are you lurking?? stop in!

~ Stylz ~
on 7/30/07 9:58 pm - North of Boston, MA
I'm glad everyones "still here"! Lurking is ok, its just good to know our "support group" is still around if and when needed Did I read climb a mountain?? I dont think I've heard about that adventure yet, congrats to you, thats an amazing accomplishment!
BabyRuth2u
on 7/30/07 10:04 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Not climb a mountain in as mountain climbing. LOL Meant hiking. DH and I hit a few different parks this Summer because I wanted to hike. So we went to parks that had walking/hiking trails and did those. They wind, go up hills etc. To me that is mountain climbing. LOL
~ Stylz ~
on 7/31/07 2:22 am - North of Boston, MA
hey walking, climbing, hiking... atleast you're out there movin those legs!! I wish BF was adventurous enough to do things like that, but i'm not complaining.. at least hes biking and walking with me, thats good enough!
Darlene X
on 7/31/07 12:42 am - Maricopa, AZ
Ok I admit, Ive been lurking too.... haven't felt like posting much. Im struggling big time.. having some major depression, finding it extremely hard to deal with the weight loss.. the way I look now, the attention from other men... Im just having a rough time.. food hasn't been great either.. I kinda feel like Im sinking... I don't know what to do.... Anyway.... Before: 338lbs Now: 170lbs Lost: 168lbs Not sure of my BMI's, but I know Im normal now.
~ Stylz ~
on 7/31/07 2:07 am - North of Boston, MA
sorry to hear you're going through some things.. Did you have a psych eval before surgery? If so, are you able to see her again to help you through things? Our program has that type of open door policy with the woman who does our pre-op evals. I've seen her post-op and she helped me through when I was dealing with my sister being jealous of me getting smaller than her for the first time in my life.. hope things work out!
Darlene X
on 7/31/07 8:28 am - Maricopa, AZ
I know I probably need some medication,. and some serious counselling.. but I don't want to.. Im in what I call my "self destructive" phase right now. I recognize there is a problem.. but I dont want to do anything about it... Anyway sorry to burden the board.. I should have probably just kept quiet.
Beckers
on 8/1/07 2:36 am - Cottage Grove, OR
Darlene- Please don't keep quiet about your feelings, ever! And I hope you know that its ridiculous for you to think you're burdening this board. You have been a great support to us over the last 17 months! Especially in the beginning when most of us were clueless about what was happening, and what to do, and you had already gone through the experience with EJ and other family members, so you had so much info to offer us! Not to mention the delicious recipes! We are your other family and I hope you can find comfort here when you're in need.
Beckers
on 7/31/07 2:09 am - Cottage Grove, OR
Darlene- I'm so sorry that you're feeling down lately. I have also felt depressed lately, maybe for other reasons than yours, but I know what you're saying about feeling "empty". I mean, we *should* feel like we're on top of the world, but life isn't perfect just because we lost weight. We are the same person inside, with the same issues, and we can't even turn to food as comfort now, so we must comfort ourselves some other way. Its not easy. And the way we have changed so drastically in the last year makes us re-evaluate our lives. For me, I moved to another state in the middle of all this, and have no new friends, and no support group. I'm not working and my husband's insurance does not cover anything to do with WLS. Its scary to think that if something goes wrong with me, I can't see a bariatric doctor for help. Well, anyways, if you ever need to vent, you can message me. Sometimes writing about our feelings helps. I'm online a lot and will write back quickly
Darlene X
on 7/31/07 8:24 am - Maricopa, AZ
Thanks Rebecca... BTW your picture is gorgeous, I didnt recognize you!
Rick A.
on 7/31/07 5:19 am - Far Northern, CA
Darlene, I'm sorry you're blue. Could it be the let down after your trip and a little bit of leftover homesickness? None of us want you to sink. We miss you. Have you been doing anything creative with cakes lately? If so, shoot us a picture. I think we are all starting to get to a little bit of a let down faze. People that knew us no longer make such positive comments any more. We have to figure out who we are again (and it's no fun). It's seems that we have been on this high for a long time and it's only natural to have a bit of a let down every now and then. When you are feeling low, reach out to us. It could just be that we are feeling that way too and we can help each other. We can't all be bright and bubbly all the time, but don't let that stop you from checking in. (I should take my own advice). I hope you are able to put a smile on your face and not melt in all that heat. "singing" The sun will come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar. Okay, so I'm not Annie either. Take care, Rick
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views