Do you recognize yourself?

BabyRuth2u
on 7/23/07 10:51 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Do you keep changing in your looks? And see pics of yourself and have to ask who is that?? I got a new haircut a few days ago, and was out Saturday night, dressed up etc, so had DH take some new pics. I was a bit surprised at the pics. I thought I looked too thin, and thought I didn't look so good. I still feel fat and think I look fat, but I don't think these pics portray that. Do you see your new self? Will we ever? I added the pics to my profile. Don't I look different? Who is that? I know you all won't tell me I look like crap, thanks LOL But geez, I want to look pretty, young and healthy. I guess being 45 is going to prohibit that some, but LOL
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 7/23/07 12:05 pm
Sometimes I recognize myself and sometimes I don't. Sometimes I look in the mirror and see my 72 year old mother, and sometimes I see me. I guess the lighting and the weather play factors in it all. Scares the crapola out of me when I see a 72 year old looking back at me in the mirror. I think you look great, but there is a definite difference between your avatar and now. I think its the blonde hair, the style you have now is very cute and youthful. Have you ever thought of going dark red? I know it makes me feel younger when I used to do it. I recently went blonde after a few years of being red, and cut my long hair to very short. I see lots of lines on my face, I don't see them on yours. What does your DH have to say? I would love to look like you. I still have 100# to go. People who have always known me don't see the weight I still have to lose, people who just met me ask, when are you having the WLS? Everyone has different expectations of what they should look like and what others should look like. But all that aside, you do look great.
~ Stylz ~
on 7/24/07 2:58 am - North of Boston, MA
Ruth Ann! LOVE the haircut, it looks great on you and to answer your question yes there are days I walk by a store window and have to say... hey, thats me! lol So many people have said they don't recognize me anymore but I thought they were all just saying it. It took a while for me to start looking at my new face and feel that its the new me. I think having my before and after picture out to look at helped me see the difference more than I was seeing before! Now that I'm kind of stable in my weight, I dont see that often, but its fun looking at new pictures of me to see the difference from then and now!
Stephanie Smiles
on 7/24/07 10:31 pm - My Town, NH
Ruth Ann, you are pretty, young and healthy! And you look it as well. I have this issue too. Sometimes I walk by my reflection and wonder who that almost normal looking woman is. It's very weird. I'm not sure when we will be able to recognize our reflections. I wonder if I will always look in the mirror and see an obese woman. Hugs, Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views