Exercise Check In

robinsaxton
on 7/10/07 1:59 am - Columbia, MD
Hi everyone! Well, it has been quite hot the past few days. Not that I mind. I prefer the heat. I can never get and stay warm so I do not like the cold at all. The humidity is hard but I don't complain because the warmth feels so good. I sit at work in a sweater, with the heater on!! From time to time I will go outside and sit in the sun just to warm up. I know, I am wacked...my family makes fun of me all the time. I did 40 min of cardio and an abs class yesterday. I hope to get to go workout this afternoon. I plan on doing about 20 min of cardio and my circuit training. I did two full sets on Sat of each exercise so I hope to repeat that today. I plan on doing some abs too. I can't go until later because there is a lunch meeting that I have to set up and clean up afterwards. Once that is done I can go and get my workout done. We are gearing up for our move into our new house. We are asking to get into the house this weekend so we can take measurements and show our girls what the house looks like. It will help us with buying curtains, paint and such. I keep feeling like we are biting off more than we can chew. I researched painting info today and I think that this will take us more than a couple of days. We will have to fill holes and sand that down once dry to prep the walls. I didn't realize that all had to be done (but I should have). I hope we don't need to prime the walls. There are some things we are going to have to clean before we can paint. I still haven't picked out my living room colors. We are going to the store this weekend to look at colors and maybe buy a few small samples to put on posterboard so we can decide if we like the color before buying entire gallons of it. And there is just so much to buy and do before moving. The dollar signs are going up and the days are flying by. It's overwhelming and exciting at the same time. It will all come together in time, maybe not as quickly as I would like but it'll happen. I am trying to go through our stuff and purge a little every day. That way we are only going to move what we really want to keep. The rest can go to Goodwill or the trash. I am boxing stuff for a yard sale in the early fall but that all may end up at Goodwill too, depending on how busy things are in the fall. Have a great day and stay hydrated and cool. Hugs, Robin
~ Stylz ~
on 7/10/07 2:20 am - North of Boston, MA
I thought I was the only one with a sweater on!! I've threatened the hvac guy that I'm going to take out my space heater, but haven't done it yet. When I about the a/c they add a couple degrees for the day, then we battle again the next last week it was set at 61.6 I wanted to but was afraid my tears would stick to my face!!! lol congratulations on the new home, thats so exciting! it sounds like you've got your work cut out with painting and thats such a great idea to make paint samples before doing an entire wall or room! I went with a dark mauve in the dining room and once it was up I hated it! needless to say the walls are no longer mauve! lol I got my exercise in early today. I'd like to take out the bike but not sure because of the humidity, if its too much then I'll use the exercise bike instead! enjoy the rest of your day!
Stephanie Smiles
on 7/10/07 6:09 am - My Town, NH
Moving is both exciting and stressful! You'll burn tons of calories! My trainer stood me up this morning (she's always doing that and it's time to fire her!!!) but I am spinning tonight. I should burn a ton of calories and sweat up a storm in this muggy heat. Good luck with painting and moving! Hugs, Stephanie
Amy I.
on 7/10/07 1:15 pm - KS
I did nothing today! I threw out my back last night at the gym. UGH! To much weight! I did run yesterday morning at 6 am to beat the heat. (105 on the prairie) We are doing 60/120's. You sprint for 60 sec. then jog for 120. And then start over and do that 8 times. Yah right! I made it to the gym and worked out on mech. and free weights for about an hour before I blew my back out! It happend at the end of my work out. Tomorrow I am going to try and run. We'll see. I am buying my first swim suit in 20 yrs tonight. I think that I need to mix my workouts up. I can't seem to lose a pound. I did lose almost 4 inches this past month. But no weight, I am stuck! Hope you have a great COOL week Amy I
timsdanni
on 7/11/07 8:02 am - Ft Stewart, GA
robin before I get into exersize check out this wonderful fact - your paint store can color kills for you so you don't have to prime. the other thing I learned the hard way as I put off painting till we were selling it and even if you don't sand, fill and prime you just throw up a coat of kills with a fun color in it it looks better LOL than waiting till you have time/money or inclination my house hold goods will be here on fri and I got rid of literally well over half of our stuff before they packed (we moved with 13 crates to AK and came home with 5 1/2 and over half of one is going to kids aunt and grammys house - 3 beds and a trampoline and my china and crystal) but I have a feeling as I sort and unpack I will be getting rid of MORE stuff b/c I have enjoyed our mostly empty apt being so easy to keep clean ok for exersize all I did today was 45 mins on the eliptical - we are suppose to run tonight however at 4:40 it is getting dark - texas is under water half the time I am begining to thnk - it has rained almost EVERYDAY since march if it is dry we will run for 60-75 mins tonight - depends on when it stops storming and when tim gets home if I can't sleep tonight I promised tim I would get up and go work out at the work out room by the pool b/c otherwise I keep poor tim up hugs danni
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views