Do You Feel Full?

robinsaxton
on 7/9/07 7:10 am - Columbia, MD
Hi Rebeka, I guess I am like the others. Somedays I get full very quickly and others I can eat a lot. Just the other day I could barely eat my lunch, in fact I only had my chicken (about 4 oz) and it took me about 2 hours to eat that. Then that evening I had a salad from Panera Bread. It was a good size salad with romaine lettuce, strawberries, pineapple, walnuts, FF poppyseed dressing and chicken (probably about 3 or 4 oz of chick). I ate that and wasn't full at all. I think for me it depends on what it is I am eating. For example, a slice of lo-carb bread with PB on it fills me up just as easily as 2/3 c. of cottage cheese and mandarin oranges. The cottage cheese is definitely more volume than the bread & PB but I think the bread makes the difference. I can eat a lot of fruit or veggies, more than a cup but not as much meat or other hardier foods. I think its great that you measure your food and stick with that. I am terrible about eating until I feel full. I need to practice stopping before then so I don't stretch out my pouch to what it was before. You are doing great Rebeka! Hugs, Robin
RebekaA
on 7/9/07 9:43 am - Inland Empire, CA
Hi Robin! Thanks for sharing what you can eat. I find WHAT I eat doesn't make so much difference in my fullness factor. Granted I really stick to veggies and meat (I LOVE my meat so have no problem low carbing), but even when I do eat bread, I don't feel that much fuller. I'm weird, and not in a good way. the only thing that really bloats me are certain types of noodles and MILK of all things! Thanks for your input!
Beckers
on 7/10/07 11:41 am - Cottage Grove, OR
Hey girlfriend! *hugs Rebeka* I don't know about a "full" feeling, but I get sick when I push myself to eat more... it feels like someone punched me in the stomach and knocked the air out of me. I have been bad about measuring so I just eat what I can and stop when I get "punched" LOL I'm bad. But one thing that has recently changed for me is that I'm getting "sick" off of stuff that didn't use to get me sick. For example, I used to jus****ch sugars/carbs and never worried about fat intake. Now, it seems when I have something fatty that I've been eating all this time up until now, suddenly gets me sick. I have excessive burping and stomach pain, and then I sometimes dump (basement, not attic ). And now, worse of all, I seem to be getting nauseous off of my SF coffees I've been enjoying almost daily! Different coffees from different places, all SF, all decaf, the only thing they have in common is milk/dairy... so I'm wondering, is dairy making me nauseous? It hasn't happened with my smoothies, and they are made with milk and SF ice cream... so why the coffees? Anyone else having issues with their stomachs not tolerating old/favorite foods?
RebekaA
on 7/10/07 12:25 pm - Inland Empire, CA
...but I get sick when I push myself to eat more... it feels like someone punched me in the stomach and knocked the air out of me... You're so lucky! We had the same dr...but you got the better surgery!!! At the most, the worst my pouch has ever been if I ate something "bad" is MILDLY uncomfortable. I'm sorry you're pouch is being tempermental again! I have read about that happening a lot tho much later out...strange, but nice reassurance that you're not totally "normal" still. although i'm sure you disagree
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 7/14/07 1:41 am
I don't get a punch feeling, but I get a crawling feeling, and then my nose starts to run and feels like the foamies are gonna start. As soon as I pop a s/f peppermint piece of gum in my mouth, the foamy and crawling feeling stop. Give it a try, it could help you in an embarrassing moment. I can't handle milk at all, but I only drink coffee very occasionally. I think in the last 6 mos. I had coffee twice. Both times I used n/f powdered creamer.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views