Do You Feel Full?

RebekaA
on 7/7/07 3:03 am - Inland Empire, CA
Hi Marchers, I was wondering if you guys still felt full after eating? I have been eating roughly the same amounts as I have been for months, but NOT feeling full like I used to. I know we can eat more at this point, and that's normal and to be expected, but I don't really want to. I still measure my food and try to keep it around 4oz at a time w/ maybe 1c. of veggies. portion control was a serious issue for me before so I know going back to overeating would be really easy if I let it. I just don't feel full anymore--AT ALL so I want to keep eating and that scares me. Last week I experimented a little and ate a little more, and I STILL didn't feel full. I've always felt I could eat more than the usual RNY patient--and more than my dh who is 3 months ahead of me with his RNY, so I've always been REALLY careful, and never depended on my pouch to tell me when to stop eating--I measure and stop eating when it's gone. This could just be a phase, I went thru this about 10 months out and then suddenly it went away I felt full again, so I have no idea THIS S####. I was just wondering how full you guys were feeling and about how much you were eating at a sitting? Thanks! Rebeka
Mary M.
on 7/7/07 9:56 am - Livonia, MI
I have days when I feel full quickly and others that I feel like a bottomless pit and have to use portion control! I am hoping that this is just normal and to be expected. I haven't had any problems with foods as long as I stay with 3/4 C to 1 1/2 C. If I overeat I will feek sick and this happens even if I just have a bite or 2 too much. I hope that never ends. Have a great weekend. Mary
RebekaA
on 7/9/07 2:50 am - Inland Empire, CA
Thanks for your post Mary. I have read that it is normal to have days where you can eat a lot--and then days when you don't/can't. I wonder if it's like that for "normal" people too? I WISH I got sick from overeating, I've never really gotten sick over anything! Thanks for the input!
~ Stylz ~
on 7/7/07 11:43 am - North of Boston, MA
Is this a feeling you always feel lately or only certain days? I've heard post-ops say certain days they can eat much more than other days and can say the same thing for myself. Today I've eaten awful (almost 2 dinner rolls with butter, 3 shrimp about 1/2c pasta at an italian restaurant, another roll later this afternoon with more butter and about 1/4 steak calzone with the bread for dinner) other days its 2 in the afternoon, the only thing I've eaten is breakfast and am still not hungry! How about adding protein for a couple days, do you think that would help make you more full? I talked to my surgeon the other day and she was telling me about the cottage cheese test, I've heard about it before, but didn't know if it worked, she said its pretty effective. Now that I know this, its got me curious to see how big my pouch is!
Sheila A.
on 7/9/07 1:36 am - Thermal, CA
What is the Cottage Cheese test?
RebekaA
on 7/9/07 2:56 am - Inland Empire, CA
lately, it's been almost ALL days that I don't feel full. I've been trying to get around to adding my 3pm protein shake like I used to do, that seemed to help w/cravings and helped me eat a very light dinner. Have to get back to that. That's interesting your Dr. told you about the CC test! I thought that was Main Board myth/nonsense! lol I DON'T ever want to know how "big" my pouch is tho!!! It would derail and freak me out, I would rather try to pretend it's still tiny and act accordingly! Thanks for your reply
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 7/8/07 12:44 am
I have the same fears and try to stay within the nut's guidelines. One thing I have found out in reading and experimenting. Density helps with fullness, but then you get that feeling like the foamies will start, then out pops the S/F Peppermint Gum to help fight that feeling. I have been told by my nut. not to exceed 1/2 Cup serving. I really enjoy Bird's Eyes' Beef and Broccoli, It is easy for me to eat 1 Cup. When I limit myself to 1/2 C. my stomach starts growling within 1/2 hour and I have a hard time waiting 2-3 hrs. for the next meal. I started bulking up the meals that feel skimpy with S/F jello. So even though the volume is there, I have sort of bypassed the calories. Also in reading a few articles by different people on WLS, it was mentioned that not getting in enough fat will leave you hungry after a meal. I have always tried to go as low on the fats as possible, but since I had to cut back on portions, I have increased the fat to compensate. My fat limitation is supposed to be 28 - 42 grams per day. For a long time my total was around 17 - 25. Just recently I increased to around 39 to see if it would help with growling. Somedays it works and others it just makes me feel like the foamies will start, so out pops the gum. I am scared to death that I won't reach goal. I still have 100# to go if I follow my original goal plan. My surgeon revised my goal at my 1 yr. check up, stating that my original goal was unrealistic. But I can't get knee replacement surgery till I lose at least 50-60# more. I really want to make it, but loss at this point has slowed down so much, I only see the losses every 3 months or so.
RebekaA
on 7/9/07 2:57 am - Inland Empire, CA
Thanks for your input Nanette!
Stephanie Smiles
on 7/9/07 12:54 am - My Town, NH
Hi Rebeka. I wish I had a concrete answer for this one. Sometimes I am easily full and other times it seems as if I could eat all day long. I don't measure as much as I probably should. I try to eat at least 4 ounces of protein at lunch and dinner. Most of the time I eat it all. Occasionally, I start eating and just don't seem to want much. That happens especially when I am tired. I do generally eat two snacks a day (three if you count my nightly NSA Fudgsicle!) but again, sometimes I'm just not very hungry. I wish I had the not hungry days more often! This portion control stuff is difficult. I'm trying to learn the difference between feeling satisfied and feeling full. Hugs, Stephanie
RebekaA
on 7/9/07 9:29 am - Inland Empire, CA
Thanks for your input!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!