WDYET?? *** FRIDAY ***

~ Stylz ~
on 7/6/07 4:09 am - North of Boston, MA
We made it to Friday everyone looking forward to a relaxing weekend, hopefully bike riding both days (we'll see how that goes with the bf )... slow day at work, so we went for 2 walks! heres my day so far drive to work - rest of the watermelon, lime, cucumber juice medium coconut iced coffee, x-milk, 3 splenda brunch - protein muffin before leaving the office - 3 oz. lo mein noodles dinner - took out shrimp to grill (marinated in tomato sauce, garlic, red wine vinegar and a few different seasonings). having friends over for dinner, I'll serve this with rice and peas and some veggies! exercise - 2 walks water - plenty of it vitamins - just took them! hope everyones doing well, enjoy your weekend.
RebekaA
on 7/6/07 12:16 pm - Inland Empire, CA
Your shrimp sounds so good! B: protein coffee S: apple w/ peanut butter L: 4oz beef tongue, spinach salad w/dressing D: 1 med. chicken thigh, 1/4 piece turkey/spinach lasagna S: maybe super green protein shake later.... vits done water 60 so far, 30 to go exer nope have a great weekend all!
~ Stylz ~
on 7/6/07 3:42 pm - North of Boston, MA
Is your super green protein shake coming from a shake restaurant in Cali? I've heard about a place out there that sells yummy shakes, but we don't have a location out here on the east coast! the shrimp were so good! I got the recipe on allrecipes.com, 4 1/2 stars and 358 reviews! heres the recipe if you're interested Marinated grilled shrimp 3 cloves garlic, minced 1/3 cup olive oil 1/4 cup tomato sauce 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper 2 pounds fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined skewers In a large bowl, stir together the garlic, olive oil, tomato sauce, and red wine vinegar. Season with basil, salt, and cayenne pepper. Add shrimp to the bowl, and stir until evenly coated. Cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour, stirring once or twice. Preheat grill for medium heat. Thread shrimp onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head. Discard marinade. Lightly oil grill grate. Cook shrimp on preheated grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until opaque.
RebekaA
on 7/7/07 2:52 am - Inland Empire, CA
Thank you for the recipe, it sounds great and I'm always looking for good new shrimp recipes esp. ones that have been taste tested. I make the shake myself, it's Jackie Warner's recipe from the reality show "Workout" yes, I watch it It's super healthy, she swears by it and gives it to all her training clients. Here's the recipe if you like, you can get everything at any Health Food. I cut it down to make it a smaller portion and I found it too thick so I add a cup of Orange Crystal Light and it's not super yummy or anything--but it's decent. 2 cups berries (I use frozen) 1 scoop mega green powder 1 tablespoon amino acids 1 tablespoon flaxeed oil with omega 3's 1 serving whey powder (low carb, low glycemic) 1 cup ice
Stephanie Smiles
on 7/9/07 12:58 am - My Town, NH
Rebeka, I love "Workout"!!!!! It's so much fun to watch. I've never tried the shake. Does it have that yucky protein powder taste? Hugs, Stephanie
RebekaA
on 7/9/07 2:48 am - Inland Empire, CA
I don't think it does, I use "Any Whey" flavorless protein from Optimum Nutrition, it's great!... The shake does however have a bit of the "green" taste from the veggie/green powder, but adding the Crystal Light and fruit softens that. I don't mind it at all. **Can you BELIEVE Doug died on Workout? unbelievable someone SO healthy (& gorgeous) could just pass away in a blink like that! I totally don't believe Rebecca and Jackie's r/ship either, I think Rebecca did it for the airtime!
Stephanie Smiles
on 7/9/07 3:52 am - My Town, NH
I know!!! I cried through every episode related to his illness/death. It was so sad. And I completely agree. Rebecca was just after air time. Are they shooting another season? I'll have to go check the Bravo website to see what's up. Where do you get the green powder?
RebekaA
on 7/10/07 6:09 am - Inland Empire, CA
I think they may be having another season. You can get the green powder etc. at any health food store, GNC etc. It's usually called "Super Green." Check the labels to the Amino's tho, b/c some of them are for BUILDING and bulking.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views