checking in and new pics

~ Stylz ~
on 6/30/07 12:54 pm - North of Boston, MA
my confession - It's been 2 weeks since my last posting!! I feel like I've been on a downward spiral because I've eaten so many carbs. I saw the nutritionist this past friday and not only does she look at me like I'm but she tells me I am! lol Yes, I'm eating more carbs, but not only am I not gaining weight from it, she looked at my food journal and said its not as bad as I feel it is. I think its because I'm not use to eating a lot of carbs and on days I have a protein muffin for breakfast, brown rice at lunch, crackers for a snack and maybe more carbs at dinner, it makes me think (back to the early days) am I eating too much, am I stretching my stomach, why am I eating so many carbs??? One suggestion she had is to add more protein to my carbs (lunch for a few days last week was pesto over pasta with pine nuts, pine nuts had some protein, but adding chicken or shrimp would have given me more protein and I would have eaten less pasta). I haven't posted my menu over the past 2 weeks mostly because it looks a mess, but I plan to go back to the WDYET post this week since it helps me stay on track (hopefully all of you will post along espically the ones looking to get back on track, lets do it together)!!! Two weeks ago, my blood pressure dropped. I did see my surgeon and she said it does happen to some people after surgery. She said once your metobolism is steady it will return to normal. They also told me to add sodium to my diet so I've salting things and eating a couple slices of bacon every other day. When they checked my BP on Friday it was 117/74, much better than 2 weeks prior!! I have an upper GI scheduled on Tuesday just to make sure "everythings ok". I feel much better, but I didn't cancel the appt because I want to see what my stomach looks like almost 14 months out compared to the pictures I have at 3 months out (I sound like those pregnant people who want an extra ultra sound just to see the baby crazy I know)!! Everything else has been good. BF and I bought bikes last weekend and went out again today. Hopefully I can get him to go out tomorrow too Its suppose to be a perfect week weather wise. My co-worker is off mon and tues, but I still plan on walking. Her and I haven't walked since my BP went down so now we're working to get back to our 4-5 walks per week. We'll change that when she returns on the 5th I have new pictures in my profile! I just learned that you can make your profile private so that only friends can see pictures and your profile, I think most Marchers are on my "friends" list, if you can't see them and want to, send me a friends invite! hope everyones doing well!!
BabyRuth2u
on 6/30/07 8:41 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Your pics look great! 130 lbs? OMG that is wonderful!! Keep up the good work, ride those bikes! You paid for 'em! ;) LOL That is what i told myself last week when I committed to getting back to the gym. Not only did I need to get back to that routine, once every 3 weeks even though active otherwise, is just not enough. But I said to my DH, not only do I need to go to the gym to work out, we are paying for it and it's just sitting there. Though we got a decent price on our membership it still isn't cheap. That's just money out the window. So that helped too!! Anything that works is motivation enough for me! LOL So keep at it! We really do enjoy the bikes rides, especially early morning on the weekends. That is the plan right now. It's 6:40 a.m. and we plan on going for a ride. Now if I could just get motivated. LOL I feel it but I don't, know what I mean? Have a great Sunday!
~ Stylz ~
on 7/1/07 10:04 am - North of Boston, MA
Thanks Ruth Ann I so agree with paying and not using it! I did that for so many months on my gym membership. I finally said to myself... I'm paying for it, its time to start using it! We used the bikes again today, I can tell you it was much later than your trip since neither one of us are morning people! The thought of 6:40am on a Sunday makes my spine shiver!! lol woke up around 11, out on the bikes around 2 home around 4:30. great day, perfect weather. hope all is well!
jennb40
on 6/30/07 9:05 pm - Nashua, NH
You Sexy THANG you!!!! You look so great and it has been such a wonderful experience getting to know you since we found out we were surgery buddies and went through it together! Thanks for being there for me! Love ya, Barb
~ Stylz ~
on 7/1/07 9:59 am - North of Boston, MA
DITTO girlfriend!!! from all the phone calls back and forth right after becomming post-op, to seeing you every (or everyother) month at the meeting and the checking in phone calls.. I'm glad we're there for eachother you're a great friend! ps- hope you and Stephanie don't mind I put the picture of us up!
Stephanie Smiles
on 7/2/07 2:56 am - My Town, NH
Hiya gorgeous!!! You look beautiful! The weather has been beautiful lately and I'm glad you are out enjoying it. I am too! Vacation is just around the corner for me and I can't wait. I'm so ready for a break from the hectic life of work! Keep fighting that carb monster. I fight him too. Sometimes I win. Hugs, Stephanie
~ Stylz ~
on 7/4/07 3:36 am - North of Boston, MA
Stephanie Enjoy your vacation, you deserve it! Let us know when you're home maybe we can get together again good luck fighting those carbs, I'm about to throw everything out in the house if it doesn't stop for me!!
kimbaby74
on 7/2/07 11:56 am - Western, KY
WOW! You look fantastic!!! Congratulations! Keep up the great work! Kim 359/152/150 -207 pounds
~ Stylz ~
on 7/4/07 3:37 am - North of Boston, MA
Thanks Kim! Thats so impressive that you've lost 207lbs and you're just about at goal, congrats!!!
robinsaxton
on 7/3/07 12:32 am - Columbia, MD
You look amazing!!! I need to go see my NUT too. I just haven't had time. I feel like I am taking so much time off for the girls and for the house. I don't want to take time for myself. Isn't that the way we women are?! I have done much better with my eating. I have cut out a lot of snacking and snacking on the wrong things. I haven't seen the difference on the scale yet but I am sure I will soon. I just decided that I am tired of my stomach being sick or hurting so I need to stop eating things that do that to me. And I really want to get these last 15 lbs off and reach my goal. To do that I am going to have to eat better and smarter. It's worth it and something I really want. I keep reminding myself of that everytime I am tempted to eat something I shouldn't. Speaking of eating. I made a sugar-free cheesecake last night. I brough half of it to work to share. It is so creamy and tastes so good. It's the best one I have tried yet. I put fresh strawberries on it. Yummm. I don't mind eating something like that once in awhile since I know it is no sugar and has some protein in it. What a treat! Well, I should go post my food for the day and my exercise! Have a wonderful 4th of July!! Robin
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views