a time for honesty

Beckers
on 6/26/07 1:13 am - Cottage Grove, OR
I think people are just not used to us being proud of our bodies (even though we may have loose skin or stretch marks, who cares!). I created a myspace page to keep in touch with distant friends and old students (I'm a teacher). I moved 7 months ago and I thought having a myspace would help connect me to my friends. My sister visited my page and called me to say she thinks I'm looking for men on the internet. I'm angry that she said that, because I'm very happily married and I clearly stated that on my page. She thinks because I posted attractive pics of myself, that that constitutes "surfing for men"... *sigh* I am happy with the new pics of myself and feel proud about my appearance. I don't think my pics are suggestive or inappropriate. If anyone wants to see, here is the page: www.myspace.com/puggoddess *hugs Mimi* Don't listen to your sister! She's got perfection issues, and she might be jealous of attention you are getting...
RebekaA
on 6/26/07 3:20 am - Inland Empire, CA
Hi Mimi, I wanted to chime in even though i may be the only dissenting voice While it doesn't seem like your sis is coming from a positive, constructive place, I think if it were me, I might still consider what she said--but in the end still decide for myself how much weight to give it. It very common/easy to jump to the conclusion if others offer criticism that they must be jealous, maybe they are it's possible she is, but that doesn't necessarily mean you should *totally* discount her comments. I say this b/c as a formerly MO person, it's been about 8 years since i was able to wear "cute, mainstream clothes" so my point of view on what's acceptable for my age and size, is probably a little skewed. What would've been ok for me to wear back then--isn't necessarily ok to wear now, but since I was out of the loop for so long, I kinda don't know sometimes. Now, I'm in NO WAY saying i think you are dressing wrong or too young or whatever--I don't know, from all your pics you look great. It's up to you to decide where that line is. My personal rule is--if i have to ask "is it too tight/short/young...." it probably is and i shouldn't be wearing it. JMHO
~ Stylz ~
on 6/30/07 11:54 am - North of Boston, MA
as I've already said in a different post to you, you look great Mimi! That being said, I have to give kudoos to you for wearing what you do because even after losing the weight I have, theres no way I could do it! Sure I've gained confidence, but the sagging skin on my arms thighs and stomach aren't things I need to show anyone! I think it also has to do with being in Massachusetts, this is a very stuffy, uptight, conservative state.. people dress in layers or in clothes that dont stop at the beginning of the waist or until below the knee even on weekends when they're out running errands (well mostly anyone over the age of 20 lol). If you feel confident and enjoy the clothes you wear, than you should wear it. You've worked hard to get where you are and should be able to show your progress
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views