Will this ever stop?

BabyRuth2u
on 6/16/07 10:11 am - Pittsburgh, PA
I sure hope not!! I just had to stop by today and post that I played tennis today. I just keep amazing myself and wonder where this will end. No, I don't want it to end, but I think you know what I mean. If you don't. LOL I mean that it is just weird to keep wanting to try all these new things. These new things that are sports, activity, movement, and EEKS!!!! EXERCISE!!!!!!! LOL Dave and I were up early and off to golf a bit. We've been doing this 9 hole pitch and putt. I did alot better today than last week. Just need to think about what I'm doing and line things up and take my time. Well we did that, then some lunch and then a little shopping at the mall. I had wanted last week to see about some tennis rackets and trying tennis. We did not want to go right out and buy new ones and then hate it. So today we went looking at a thrift store and for a little less than $15 dollars were able to buy two rackets. so then we went to a store and got a few tennis balls and we were off. It was so much fun! we probably only played a half hour to forty five minutes because some others came and this place only had one court and we didnt want to keep them waiting too long since we didn't know what we were doing and missing half the hits. LOL I used to have a racket years ago as a young teen, only god knows why, I was fat then and I'm sure I couldn't run and play. LOL But it was fun today. I couldn't believe that I could run left to right, and try to hit a ball, sometimes successful, sometimes not, but I COULD DO IT! and it WAS FUN!! I think we're getting up early tomorrow to try a different court, one that we can find with more than one court so we can play awhile longer. It surely is good exercise too!! I could feel the sweat coming on, the good heart beat going. I think Im going to like it!! I haven't tried the rollerblading y et again, honestly just last week I think the tail bone has just started to feel good! So I might hold off on that and do something closer to the ground I don't know what's next, maybe bungee jumping? LOL We did see the air show today that was going on at the airport, the golf place is next to it, and it was so cool golfing and watching all these jets do their tricks, spinning etc. I had said to DH.. "I wanna do that" LOL So who knows, maybe next I'll try to fly a jet! LOL So will this ever stop? First walking, then jogging, biking, hiking, now tennis? I must be insane. I may be, but at least I'm enjoying it!! Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I've been so busy lately, I do pop in quickly at night to read but don't always have much to say. Been kind of down the past week too, struggling with head issues and food. No, not over eating, not under eating, just the guilt because I have desire to eat and think I shouldnt. And i've been a crazed lunatic counting calories, packing and repacking my food for the day at work. Freaking cause the scale won't move. But I've felt better the past two days, so hopefully I'll be uncrazed for a few days. LOL Take care and have a fun, productive, ACTIVE weekend! Enjoy this beautiful summer and keep movin'!!!!! It is what will keep us from going back from where we came!!!! If we keep moving, the fat can't catch up with us. so, everybody RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!
Rick A.
on 6/17/07 4:57 am - Far Northern, CA
Ruth Ann, You are amazing. I have not been nearly as adventurous as you, but I do feel as though we have been given a "do over". The possiblities are endless. You are my inspiration. Thank you for sharing your expierences with us. Life is great, Rick
BabyRuth2u
on 6/17/07 8:10 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks Rick!! We do have a "do over", that is what it feels like. We are given a second chance and it's up to us what we do with it. It's not always easy, and we won't always do the right thing, but if we keep at it most of the time I think we'll be alright! We did go out early this morning for some tennis. We played about an hour, I didn't get any better, probably worse than yesterday LOL but I still had fun!! Then before we left, we hit the basketball courts there. Saw that someone or the park had an old basketball there so DH says you wanna play? I said sure. I made a few baskets, but the most amazing thing again is that I can do it at all. I ran across the court, dribbling and running and playing. How cool is that? I love this moving, sweating and getting a good workout stuff!! Hope it helps with some weightloss moving!! I never in mylife would have imagined I'd want to do this much sports! Im such a girly girl! LOL Hope you had a good fathers day! Not sure you're dad, but either way hope the day was fantatic for you!! We went to the baseball game after our morning jaunts. DH, myself and one of my brothers took dad to the game. I'm fried! Very hot out there today! Take care!
Rick A.
on 6/17/07 9:52 am - Far Northern, CA
Ruth Ann, You must have energizer batteries. You just keep going and going and going. It's great to be doing things you enjoy that are fun and it's an added benefit that they are good for you. Thank you for the father's day wishes. I have two grown step-daughters and five grandchildren. We are raising our 9 year old grandson. They all remembered me on Father's Day. I am very fortunate. I'll be looking for you on ESPN Life is great, Rick
robinsaxton
on 6/19/07 5:01 am - Columbia, MD
RuthAnn. I truly admire your spirt of adventure. You are such an inspiration. I have been struggling the past few days. I am feeling out of control with my eating, both of good and bad foods. I feel like I am eating way too much and I KNOW I am eating the wrong things. No wonder I can't get the scale to move. I am sure it is because I won't stay away from the sweets. I don't think I am gorging but I am not helping myself either. According to the scale at the clinic, I have gained 4 lbs since seeing my surgeon in March. I don't know how that happened, since I know I don't ever eat more than 1700 cals a day and I exercise at least 4x a week. But I am sure that WHAT I am eating isn't helping. I am going for a long walk tonight to try and avoid eating, then I will do my circuit training. I had a very testing weekend but I was quite active all weekend so that is good. Keep it up. I truly hope it never stops for you. I hope that life continues to be a thrilling adventure for you. Hugs, Robin
~ Stylz ~
on 6/30/07 10:22 am - North of Boston, MA
you and Robin are such inspirations when it comes to all this exercise!!! I've been trying to motivate BF to do more walking with me on weekends and it seemed to work for a while then we slacked and last weekend he mentioned that he was thinking about buying a bike. Needless to say I jumped at the thought, we went to sports authority a few hours later and bought 2 bikes Sunday we were on them for 4 hours. The great thing about Massachusetts is we have great bike trails! They're spread all through the state including a 20+ mile trail on Cape Cod. Hopefully by the end of the summer, we'll take a weekend trip and do some of that trail (or maybe all of with a few breaks in the day)! Hows the tennis game coming? hope you're out there enjoying the weekend! ((hugs))
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views