Recipe Search

jannineh99
on 6/12/07 2:46 am - Melrose, MA
I am looking to find out what everyone is eating these day...I am getting into a rut of the same old things and I would like some new recipes to try...anyone have any recipes out there.... Hope you are all having a great day...and thank you to everyone how responds... Jannine 357/169/160
Beckers
on 6/12/07 3:09 am - Cottage Grove, OR
Chicken Tortilla Roll-ups 4 oz reduced-fat cream cheese, softened 2 tbsp mayonnaise 1 tbsp Dijon mustard 1/4 tsp black pepper 3 flour tortillas (10 or 12 inch) 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken 3/4 cup shredded or finely chopped carrot 3/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper 3 tbsp chopped green onion Combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, mustard and black pepper in bowl; stir until blended. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly onto tortilla leaving 1/2 inch border. Sprinkle chicken, carrot, bell pepper and green onion over cream cheese mixture leaving 1 1/2 inch border on cream cheese mixture at one end of tortilla. Roll up each tortilla jelly-roll style. Cut each roll into 6 slices. (Makes 3 tortilla rolls, 1 roll per serving) TIP: wrap rolls in plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours BEFORE slicing and to allow flavors to blend. Nutrition: (per tortilla roll) Cal: 284 Total Fat: 5 g Sat. Fat: 2 g Carb: 33 g Chol: 52 mg Fiber: 11 g Protein: 26 g Sodium: 733 mg (Got this recipe from Diabetic Cooking magazine)
jannineh99
on 6/12/07 4:10 am - Melrose, MA
Yum..those sound yummy...gonna try those for dinner this week...thank you...how would you suggest I cook chicken..for some reason my pouch does not like grilled chicken even if it is moist... Jannine 357/169/160
Beckers
on 6/12/07 10:29 am - Cottage Grove, OR
I haven't tried this recipe yet, but I was looking at it yesterday and planning on it, and then I saw this post so I responded with it. But I'm lazy so I would just use those chicken strips that are in the package already cooked (for salads, etc.) and finely chop them. I also have issues with ANY meat, unless its very moist, so I figure with the FINELY chopped chicken and the mayonnaise & mustard with it, it should be plenty moist... I hope but you should see the picture with the recipe... ah, it looks so good I also saw a sugar-free pumpkin bread pudding in that same magazine issue, and I'm planning on trying that, too I used to love bread pudding, and pumpkin sounds even better!
~ Stylz ~
on 6/12/07 3:53 am - North of Boston, MA
I have a few I'll try and remember to post tonight!!
~ Stylz ~
on 6/12/07 11:09 am - North of Boston, MA
heres my contribution Sweet Chile Cucumber Pickles 2 hot house cucumbers, thinly sliced 2 fresh hot red chiles, thinly sliced 2 large handfuls fresh mint leaves 2 cups rice vinegar 4 teaspoons sugar Salt and freshly ground black pepper Combine the cucumbers, chiles, and mint in a mixing bowl. Pour in the vinegar, sprinkle with the sugar, salt, and pepper. Toss everything together so the cucumbers are well coated with the vinegar. Refrigerate overnight if possible; the cucumbers will soften as they marinate and the flavors will deepen. Meatloaf (Collucci Brothers Restaurant on Cape Cod) this recipe is SO good! Olive oil 1 carrot, small to medium dice 2 stalks celery, small to medium dice 1 medium onion, small to medium dice 2 pounds ground beef 2 eggs Salt and freshly ground black pepper Dash hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco) Dash Worcestershire sauce 3 slices bread 1/2 cup seasoned Italian bread crumbs Ketchup (I used low carb Heinz ketchup) Preheat oven at 375 degrees F. In a medium-sized saute pan, put 2 dribbles of salad oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, celery, and onions and saute, about 5 minutes. Put aside and let cool. In large bowl put the carrot mixture, ground beef and remaining ingredients, except for the bread, the bread crumbs and ketchup. Soak the bread in cold water, then squeeze water out (like a sponge) and drain it. Add to the ground beef and mix. (A stand mixer is may help make it easier). Add the bread crumbs and mix. Roll into firm loaf, spread ketchup over the top, and place into preheated oven for approximately 45 to 55 minutes, or until cooked through. Take out and serve hot with beef gravy. Sesame Orange Shrimp 2 large egg whites ¼ cup cornstarch ¼ cup sesame seeds Coarse salt and ground pepper 1-½ pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined ¼ cup vegetable oil, plus more if needed 1 cup orange juice 2 tablespoons soy sauce 1 tablespoon splenda 4 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites, cornstarch, sesame seeds, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper until frothy. Add shrimp, and toss to coat. Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Working in two or three batches, cook shrimp until golden and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Add more oil to skillet if necessary for remaining batches. Wipe skillet with a paper towel. Add orange juice, soy sauce, and sugar. Boil over high heat until syrupy and reduced to about 1/3 cup, 4 to 5 minutes. Return shrimp to skillet; add scallions, and coo****il heated through and coated with sauce, about 1 minute. Eggplant Ricotta Bake 2 large eggplanats (1 to 1 ¼ pounds each), sliced lengthwise ¾ inch thick 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for baking dish Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper 1 container (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese (1 2/3 cups) 3 large eggs 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano (or 2 teaspoons dried) 1 jar (16 ounces) store-bought marinara sauce (2 cups) Preheat oven to 450°. Arrange eggplant slices in a single layer on two rimmed baking sheets. Brush lightly on both sides with oil; season with salt and pepper. Roast until eggplant is tender and golden, turning halfway through, 25 to 30 minutes Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together ricotta, eggs, ½ cup Parmesan, oregano, 1 ½ teaspoons salt, and ¼ teaspoons pepper. Brush an 8-inch square baking dish with oil. Lay a fourth of eggplant slices in bottom of prepared dish; spread with half of marinara sauce. Top with another fourth of eggplant; spread with half of ricotta mixture. Repeat layers, ending with ricotta; sprinkle with remaining ½ cup Parmesan. Bake until bubbling and golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before serving. Panera Crunchy Chicken Salad 3 cups coarsely chopped cooked chicken 1 cup chopped celery 1 cup toasted slivered almonds 1/2 cup mayo 2 Tbsp lemon juice 2 Tbsp fresh parsley salt and pepper combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl. Mix well, season with salt and pepper, toss to blend and chill for atleast 4 hours. Pan Fried Orange Ginger Chicken 2 egg whites 1/4 cup 1% low-fat milk 1 pound boned and skinned chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces 1/2 teaspoon sea salt 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper 1/2 cup all-purpose flour 1/4 cup olive oil 1 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated 1/2 teaspoon Sylvia's Secret Seasoning®* 1 1/2 cups fresh orange juice 1/2 cup water 2 tablespoons sliced fresh ginger 4 teaspoons cornstarch 1/4 cup water Whisk egg whites until frothy; gradually whisk in milk. Set aside. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and dip in egg white mixture. Dredge in flour, shaking off excess Cook chicken in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until chicken is lightly browned. Drain chicken on paper towels. Combine SPLENDA® Granulated, Sylvia's Secret Seasoning®, orange juice, 1/2 cup water and ginger in a small saucepan. Bring SPLENDA® Granulated mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup water, stirring until cornstarch dissolves; add to SPLENDA® Granulated mixture, stirring until mixture returns to a boil. Add chicken and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Serve immediately Anniversary Chicken 2 tablespoons vegetable oil 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves 1/2 cup teriyaki basting sauce 1/2 cup Ranch-style salad dressing 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese 3 green onions, chopped 1/2 (3 ounce) can bacon bits 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts, and saute 4 to 5 minutes each side, until lightly browned. Place browned chicken breasts in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Brush with teriyaki sauce, then spoon on salad dressing. Sprinkle with cheese, green onions and bacon bits. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Garnish with parsley and serve Sesame Chicken Pasta Salad (can be eaten hot or cold) 1/4 cup sesame seeds 1 (16 ounce) package bow tie pasta 1/2 cup vegetable oil 1/3 cup light soy sauce 1/3 cup rice vinegar 1 teaspoon sesame oil 3 tablespoons white sugar 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper 3 cups cooked and chopped chicken breast meat 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro 1/3 cup chopped green onion Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add sesame seeds, and cook stirring frequently until lightly toasted. Remove from heat, and set aside. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain pasta, and rinse under cold water until cool. Transfer to a large bowl. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine vegetable oil, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, sesame seeds, ginger, and pepper. Shake well. Pour sesame dressing over pasta, and toss to coat evenly. Gently mix in chicken, cilantro, and green onions. Hawaiian Chicken Pasta Salad 4 split chicken breasts, cooked and diced 16 oz can diced pineapple, juice reserved 2 cups grapes, whole 1 cup slivered almonds 1 rib celery, diced 1/2 cup green onion, diced 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced 16 oz box rotini pasta, cooked and drained combine all ingredients above (except pasta) in a large bowl, add pasta, toss to combine. 2 cups mayo 2 Tbsp lemon juice 4 Tbsp pineapple juice salt and pepper to taste mix dressing ingredients in a bowl, pour over pasta salad and gently mix to avoid breaking up grapes or pineapple. chill for atleast 4 hours (even better the next day)!
Beckers
on 6/14/07 1:00 am - Cottage Grove, OR
Holy crap Stylz! You hooked us up! I'm gonna steal the meatloaf and crunchy chicken salad recipes, fo sho! Thanks!
~ Stylz ~
on 6/14/07 1:56 am - North of Boston, MA
you're welcome! I always say I'll get around to posting when I get home and never do so I kept it fresh in my mind to do it! the meatloaf recipe is delish!! I've made it quite a few times and everyone loves it. I usually buy a jar of fat free beef gravy to spoon over each slice. A few weeks ago we had a pot luck lunch at work, I made the recipe into meatballs and simmered them in a few jars of beef gravy, it was SO good! no one believed me that it was a meatloaf recipe. I figured if I made "meatloaf" it wouldn't be a big hit, but they looked like Swedish Meatballs, everyone loved them. enjoy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views