6/7 Workout

robinsaxton
on 6/7/07 2:55 am - Columbia, MD
I did circuit training again today along with cardio. I think that next week I'll try to do two rounds of the circuit. I hope to get in a walk tonight. I don't have any errands to run so I should be able to get out and enjoy the beautiful evenings we have been having. I probably won't get to the gym tomorrow. My co-worker is off so I have to work her desk with mine. It's going to be a very busy day. But I'll get in exercise over the weekend for sure. I hope everyone is having a great day!! Hugs, Robin
~ Stylz ~
on 6/7/07 3:24 am - North of Boston, MA
we (my co-worker and I) just got back from our daily walk. We added an extra block again (second time added it) and I'm determined to keep it at the extra block even though she doesn't like the thought of the extra block i keep reminding her of our goal (from our college to the other college and back by the summer) which is 2 miles, hopefully in a half hour. I know we can do it, it will take some determination and effort with her but we can! Shes a smoker so when we get back from our walk she wants to sit on the bench and smoke before going back to work. I told her today I'm not contributing to her smoke break anymore, maybe it will help her break that pattern of an after walk cigerette instead I walked up the hill by the hospital where I had surgery and came back to work. I love walking at work! It feels like it breaks up the day, gives us a chance to chat outside work, get some fresh air and be away from our desks! Does your gym have an area that covers all muscle groups for circuit training? The gym where I go has a seperate room one side of the room has a circuit for lower body and the other side has upper. Its kinda cool espically since most of the women stay there, its like our own little gym inside the big gym!
robinsaxton
on 6/7/07 3:38 am - Columbia, MD
You are doing great with your walks. I like getting out during the day too. I am sure you will get that 2 miles in before summer is over. It's great to have a goal to work towards. The gym I go to is really small. Not a lot of equipment so it's all in one room. They have one seperate room that is used for classes and can be used by individuals whenever there is not a class. I don't use any equipment for the circuit training right now. My circuit training consists of 1) Reverse lunges 2) side leg squats 3) weighted plies 4) hamstring roll up 5) toss, catch, drop - I lie on my back with my legs in the air. Using a ball, I toss the ball up, catch it between my feet, squeeze and then drop the ball & repeat, never brining legs down 6) abductor lift (using the ball or with a weight resting on my hip) 7) exerdisc leg lift - lie on mat, bend one knee, keeping foot on the exerdisc, rest opposite leg on bent knee and lift but off of the ground, your bent leg has to balance you on the exerdisc 8) leg extension - the only one on a machine I do each exercise for on minute, keeping good form. My legs are usually jello when I am done. I might try to do two rounds next week. I like that all of the exercises can be done at home too, except the leg extension but I can improvise that one. Sounds like your gym has a great set up. This one is so convenient so I stick to it. We have several really nice gyms near my house but I am terrible about working out in the evenings and there just isn't time in the AM.
Amy I.
on 6/7/07 8:23 pm - KS
Robin Went to gym and did machs and dumbells and walked a mile. I upped my weights so I am a little sore. I am staying home tonight and will use my dumbells in front of the TV and do my 250 crunches on the ball. Sat I am running 3 miles in the morning to get ready for a 5k run on July 4th. So I guess I am in training! Amy I Have a great weekend
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views