Anybody watching Big Medicine?

jennb40
on 6/6/07 10:21 am - Nashua, NH
I just saw one episode. It is a show that comes on TLC - Monday nights - I think 9:00 p.m. EST - and it is all about gastric by-pass surgery. It is pretty interesting. This week they showed a husband/wife team that had the surgery, a 620 pound man and a 22 year old woman who had plastic surgery after having GBP. If you aren'****ching it, you might be interested. I DVR'd it and jus****ched it tonight. Pretty good stuff. Have a good week everybody...today is "hump" day! Hugs, Barbara
Rick A.
on 6/6/07 11:19 am - Far Northern, CA
Barbara. I also watched it for the first time this week. I know I'm going to take a little heat for this but I watched it at work on the closed captioning. Even though I am a 911 dispatcher, we have many hours where it is VERY boring. Anyway, I found it to be very interesting. I especially liked to wath the surgery parts. It gave me a better understanding of what my body went through. I wish their stories were a little more in depth, but they have to make it interesting for the general public and fit it all in between commercials. I will try to watch more episodes in the future. Life is great, Rick
robinsaxton
on 6/6/07 11:22 pm - Columbia, MD
One of my co-workers told me about it yesterday. I think I would love to watch it. I like shows like that anyway but especially since it is about WLS. I am glad to know when it is on so I can catch it too.
Stephanie Smiles
on 6/7/07 12:52 am - My Town, NH
Hi Barbara. I haven't been able to catch it yet but I really want to. I bet it's very interesting and I hope it portrays the surgery in a positive, yet realistic, light. Thanks for the information! Hugs, Stephanie
Amy I.
on 6/7/07 6:21 am - KS
Barbara, I watched it last Monday too. It was about how they got the 620 man out of his house and they had a 18yr girl that was getting plastics after WLS. It seems to be a good show but we will see.....I have been doing advertising for my surgeon and hospital. Newspaper, tv , radio, Flyers and I think my Ladies Home Journal interview comes out this month. I was scared that people might take it wrong but I have no regreats and I wish to help others. Good to see you on the boards life gets pretty busy in the summer and in my new body. I never sit anymore! Amy I
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views