WDYET?? *** THURSDAY ***

~ Stylz ~
on 5/31/07 3:45 am - North of Boston, MA
wow I can't believe its past 1:30 where has the day gone? I honestly felt I hit a milestone today with my WLS journey... At last nights event, dessert was a full vanilla sheet cake with vanilla icing. I've never been a big cake person, but the icing??? my mouth waters at just the thought of it! I've prided myself since before surgery that I haven't had table sugar. There are so many days that I've thought about it, want it, think about testing the "dumping" waters, but haven't because our nutritionist has said once you try a small piece and DONT dump, you move on to something bigger. Since sugar is what got me to over 250lbs, theres no reason for me to see if I can get back to it by eating it again... This morning, I opened the fridge and there sits half the sheet cake from last night! I knew if I kept it in the fridge I would try it so instead, I took it out, cut it into slices, brought a plate to facilities for their break and brought the rest to the lobby (in the other building) for students. That was a test!! As I'm cutting these pieces, a couple flower edges or piping would fall, almost like... just eat a little!! As I'm washing the knife off, I can feel the granules of sugar in that greasy shortening, my mouth still remembering the taste (my arteries probably saying, thanks for not eating that stuff anymore ).. I packed up the cake, brought it to the other building, out of sight out of mind right? I've thought about it a few times today. My thought... I did it, I overcame icing, one of my biggest downfalls as a pre-op!! Now only if I can overcome pizza we'll be good!! Its been an odd food day because I was so busy dealing with the afters of last nights get together here at work that I didn't have my shake or breakfast this morning which threw the rest of the day off... heres how its going. drive to work - 2 drinkable yogurts 1/2 medium coconut iced coffee xmilk, 3 splenda brunch? - 2.5 oz grilled chicken, 1/2 cup salad with creamy caesar dressing after our walk - 1/2 medium coconut iced coffee with a scoop of nectar cappuccino protein before leaving work - 5 shrimp with spinach and mushroom cream sauce (not hungry enough for the noodles, but the shrimp will go bad if I dont fini**** soon) dinner - south beach chicken cranberry walnut salad exercise - walk to dunkins, 35 minute walk water - 60oz so far vitamins - taking them now... hows everyone doing?? let us know!
robinsaxton
on 5/31/07 5:23 am - Columbia, MD
I figure that while I am working out I need to get back to journaling what I am eating. So I thought why not post it here?! I am so proud of you for avoiding the sugar. That is one thing I wish I had avoided. I am such a sweetaholic. I dump on sweets so I am limited by the amounts I can have, but I have pushed myself too many times. I am so fearful of getting over the dumping and not having that mechanism to keep me from overdoing it. Keep it up. It's hard but believe me, the sugar is so NOT worth it. So my eating has been pretty good today. Breakfast - 2/3 c. cottage cheese with 9 mandarin orange wedges Snack - 17 wheat thins with 1 ounce of cheddar cheese Lunch - BBQ chicken, about 3-4 ounces, baby spinach with tomatoes and lite raspberry vinagrette Snack - mandarin oranges Dinner - planning to have grilled pork chops with veggies Water, so far only 1 -16 oz bottle. I have another one chilling that I am going to grab in about 30 minutes. Vitamins - 1st ones done. Taking second ones now. Have a great day!! Robin
~ Stylz ~
on 5/31/07 10:26 am - North of Boston, MA
thanks for the kind words Robin! looks like you're doing great with your foods! have you tried the new sundried tomato wheat thins? they're so good!
Tamara L.
on 6/2/07 1:18 am - Winston-Salem, NC
CONGRATULATIONS on overcoming a temptation! You are always such an inspiration! I appreciate you always posting the "WDYET" posts everday. My life is so busy right now, but I love to hop on-line for a few minutes and read what's there. I plan to become more involved in the daily threads at the end of July--that's when I graduate from grad school. I'm also in the middle of a house move, and am taking a business trip to Chicago in two weeks. Anyway......thanks for the motivation and the sisterhood! Tamara
~ Stylz ~
on 6/2/07 10:33 am - North of Boston, MA
awww thanks Tamara! I was going to it post yesterday, but i felt kinda queasy all day and went home early. If you don't see it up there, by all means.. post away Grad school, what an accomplishment! Is your new house in NC? My sister goes down to Moorseville a few times a year, is that far from you?
Tamara L.
on 6/5/07 2:32 am - Winston-Salem, NC
Yes....my new home is in NC. This is where I've always lived--either in Winston-Salem or Kernersville. Our closest towns are Greensboro, High Point, Statesville, Boone, Mooresville and Charlotte (to name a few). It takes me about 30 minutes to drive to Mooresville--you should come down with your sister sometime and I will meet you for the weekend!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views