Rebeka A. emergency surgery today :(

Beckers
on 5/23/07 1:44 pm - Cottage Grove, OR
Just wanted to let you all know that our fellow Marcher Rebeka A. had emergency surgery today. I guess scar tissue developed around her intestinal area, and her intestines got twisted, and part of the intestines got blocked. Dr. Suh did a laproscopic (sp?) today to look inside and untwist her... Well, I'm still waiting to hear from her, and I'm guessing she won't call me for a couple days. I believe she will stay in hospital for at least a couple days... Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. This is a wake up call, at least to me, that at even 14 months out, complications can arise. This is just one of those things that "happens" for no apparent reason...
robinsaxton
on 5/23/07 11:56 pm - Columbia, MD
Thanks for letting us know. I will be keeing Rebeka in my prayers. Yes, we do still need to be aware of what is going on in our bodies and remember that things have been changed around. As "normal" as I feel most of the time, I am frequently reminded that my stomach and intestines are different than others and I need to stay in tune with my body. Thanks for the reminder. Robin
Lauren003
on 5/23/07 11:56 pm - , NC
Oh no! How scary!! WE LOVE YOU REBEKA!!! Sending many happy thoughts your way.
Darlene X
on 5/24/07 1:13 am - Maricopa, AZ
Oooohhh yup you gotta becareful of bowel obstructions.... a girl from our support group had one recently at almost 2 years out... there is always a chance of developing a bowel obstruction with any surgery that involves your intestines. I hope she recovers quickly and is well!
Mary M.
on 5/28/07 12:50 am - Livonia, MI
Thanks for the info. I will definately be praying for her quick recovery. Keep us posted. Thanks again, Mary
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views