My 14th month update

Rick A.
on 5/20/07 10:14 am - Far Northern, CA
Hello fellow "Marcher's" Just a quick update and some thoughts. I told myself I wouldn't post much after I passed a year, but I will try to post when I feel I have something to add. This last week I found out that I can no longer float in the swimming pool. I guess my body composition is such that I am not nearly as bouyant as I was last year. I guess that's a good thing. My wife measured me today and I have lost an additional 2 1/2 inches off my total overall body measurements. That brings the total inches lost to 92. I now am comfortable in size medium shirts and the size 34 jeans are starting to get pretty loose. This week I have had two people I work with that I don't see very often say they didn't recognize me and that I was skinny. I sure can say that I don't see someone skinny looking back me in the mirror in the mornings. I guess it's still such a head game. I currently weigh 176 pounds and have been maintaining a five pound range for the last couple of months. "would I do it again" YOU BETCHA. Life is great, Rick
Darlene X
on 5/21/07 12:46 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hey twin!!! Congrats!!!! We have had a very similar journey you and I... I just checked the scale this morning, and Im in at 174lbs... after a few months of maybe losing 1lb, Ive lost like 7lbs in the last few weeks.. fun fun. I am 4lbs from goal! I bet you look fabulous! You are the hotest male surgery twin ever!! hehehe Darlene 338/174/170
Rick A.
on 5/21/07 11:38 am - Far Northern, CA
Darlene, My surgery twin, you seem to always be just one step ahead of me. I don't mind though. You are doing great and must be so excited about your upcoming trip. Only 4 pounds to goal. That is great. You WILL get there. I'm pretty sure (positve) "hotest male" has never been used in a sentence in reference to me before. Thanks Rick
Courtney B.
on 5/21/07 1:36 am - Lancaster, CA
OMG, thats funny Rick. I havent tried the floating thing since last summer when I was only down 40 lbs. Ill have to try it this summer. Its a good feeling, Im sure. Courtney
~ Stylz ~
on 5/21/07 9:04 am - North of Boston, MA
92 inches, thats incredible!!! Congrats Rick! you better continue to post, we would miss you here if you didnt, you're always so positive and inspirational, stay with us keep up the amazing work "skinny"
Rick A.
on 5/21/07 11:41 am - Far Northern, CA
Hi, I'm not going anywhere. I look everyday (I'm kind of obsessed) but only post when lightning strikes or someone needs a pat on the back or a good cheering up. Thanks for the nice comments. Rick
BabyRuth2u
on 5/21/07 10:22 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Congratulations Rick, you have done amazing. I n ever thought about that not keeping afloat thing while swimming. Interesting, will have to see what happens this Summer. LOL Keep up the good work with maintaining. Congrats!!
jennb40
on 5/22/07 6:57 pm - Nashua, NH
What a WOW for our resident male surgery buddy! You have done so well and you look so H-A-N-D-S-O-M-E....your wife has a new husband! It's too bad you can't float anymore...I used to have that as a "plus" for being so overweight because I always figured I couldn't drown....of course getting on the boat would have been problematic!!!! OH well....guess we can swap that in for all the other good things that have happened to us. Thanks for always being here for us MARCHer "girls"! You are such an inspiration....Barbara
Lauren003
on 5/22/07 9:50 pm - , NC
You sink?! WOW! People can do that?? Amazing! You are doing so great Rick!! 176 pounds is definitely thin. You've worked hard and it shows.
Stephanie Smiles
on 5/26/07 5:18 am - My Town, NH
Pardon my late reply! Rick, 176 pounds is truly a "normal" weight! Congratulations! You've worked hard and motivated me many times. Thanks for sharing! Hugs, Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views