Went to the Outdoor Venture today

BabyRuth2u
on 5/19/07 10:37 am - Pittsburgh, PA
And I did it! I skated!!! Info is on my profile. Tomorrow it's the 5k in the a.m. and then baseball game in the afternoon. I hope I get some rest before work on Monday. LOL Hope everyone's weekend is going great!
BabyRuth2u
on 5/19/07 11:45 am - Pittsburgh, PA
I got the pics uploaded from today too. So I put up two pics of me in my skating gear. lol
Rick A.
on 5/19/07 11:53 am - Far Northern, CA
Ruth Ann, I am so proud of you for having the courage to try and to have succeeded. It's great no longer being held back by our fears and gravity. You are an inspiration to all of us and I want to be just like you when I grow up. Life is great, Rick
BabyRuth2u
on 5/20/07 7:00 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks Rick! My behind still hurts like heck, but I'm glad I did it. It didnt interfer with the 5k today. Walking feels fine, its sitting and stepping up that hurts worse. I managed to knock about 14 mins. off my time from lasts years same 5k. Last year I came in last at 1 hour and 12 mins, but I finished the race! This year I came in at 57 mins and 52 sec. I saw I had about 3 mins when we were getting close to the finish line and I said Im not making it at one hour so I ran the last stretch! LOL I wasn't last either, not by far. Not coming in last and being under 60 mins was the goal and it happened. Maybe next year I can run it. Nah, don't think so, but it's a nice thought. LOL Thanks again!
Mary M.
on 5/20/07 9:10 am - Livonia, MI
WOW! I don't think I could stand up on in line skates. I am an "Old school girl", I think??? I have only ever skated on 4 wheels with pink pom-poms on the laces of my white skates. (it was the 70's), LOL) Maybe someday I will try. I am soooo not a risk taker. I am in awe of you Ruth. Way to go- Mary
~ Stylz ~
on 5/21/07 8:53 am - North of Boston, MA
look at you go girl! such an acomplishment, you're such an inspiration! when I start putting empty excuses to the reason I havent exercised that day I think about your hikes, now I can picture you there on your skates and get my motivation. great job, hope you enjoyed it!!
jennb40
on 5/22/07 9:35 pm - Nashua, NH
You sure did "DO IT"!!!! Loved the pictures - you look wonderful! You are just our exercise guru!!!! Hugs, Barbara
Lauren003
on 5/22/07 9:54 pm - , NC
Look at you!! You must have had so much fun! And I know that your husband was just beaming with pride. I am and I wasn't even there with you! What a great gift we've been given.
Stephanie Smiles
on 5/26/07 5:20 am - My Town, NH
Sorry my reply is so late! I just wanted to say that you look beautiful and I'm so proud of you! I'm also impressed that you skated, ran a 5K AND played baseball in two days! WOW! Congrats and keep it up! Hugs, Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views