Has anyone become a *****

bananajana5
on 5/15/07 4:30 am - Jackson, TN
Okay, My mom (who was living with us) has said I have become a *****not a nice person...She is moving out this week and I feel like ****My kids are crying but my husband says that we have done nothing wrong...Do you think your personality can change after this surgery? I feel the problem with our relationship is that she is an alcoholic and I don't tolerate it around my kids...I would always say something to her...maybe I should have just kept my mouth shut...She is 74 yrs old...let her do what she wants...I am really feeling bad bad bad!!! I have tried to talk to her and she says she has no use for me...Can life be okay with your mother not liking you anymore? Sorry I am rattling on but I need to talk to someone...this is tearing me apart!! I agree that I was probably a ***** some of the time but I had deep resentment about the drinking...help...I am so sad!
Lauren003
on 5/15/07 5:55 am - , NC
The thing with alcoholics is that nothing makes them feel good except for alcohol and that's only because it helps them to not feel anything. It has nothing to do with you. Her ***** comment was because you are standing between her and booze, even if it's for the right reasons. Your children come first and I am proud to see that you have chosen to do what's best for them even if it's harder than anything you've ever done. Many people wouldn't be so strong, sadly. Please don't take her words to heart. She's deluded and angry and miserable anyway or else she wouldn't be drinking. It's not you. You're just there and an easy target because you love her. Anyone else would have kicked her ass.
RebekaA
on 5/15/07 6:03 am - Inland Empire, CA
If being a ***** translates into: being assertive in your protection of your kids and family, then yes you are and more power to you! You're doing the right thing. I think personalities can change in that we now have more confidence to stand up for ourselves. That's a good thing. Your mom is just looking to hurt you with whatever she can. And yes, life CAN be very ok w/o your mother, esp. if she's a toxic person who brings negativity into your life, which is sounds like she does. I wouldn't let my child around an alcoholic either. Take care of yourself.
Rick A.
on 5/15/07 6:09 am - Far Northern, CA
Jana, Okay I'm a guy, but here's my two cents worth. First of all your husband and children have to come first. It doesn't do anyone any good to live in a battle zone. I can't imagine how difficult it is to live with an alcoholic. Things will get better when your mother moves out of the house. I promise. I have a theory that when people are making a change in there lives they try to **** off the other person in hopes that it will make it easier to leave. I have seen this with one of my daughters time and time again. In no time at all you will look back on this time and wonder how you got though it. My wife's grandfather moved in with us when he was 95 years old. I thought well that's pretty old. Guess what he lived for 10 more years and hated every day and was miserable and made our lives miserable. But hey, we got through it and I am so glad to be looking at it from this end of the expierence. What I am saying is that you will get through it and life DOES get better. TAke care of yourself. All I can do is send a cyber hug and a promise for a brighter future. Take care, Rick
jomamma
on 5/16/07 6:06 am - Palmdale, CA
Please remember that you are not dealing with a rational person!! If she is living in your home, she needs to follow your rules!! She will come around, dont be so hard on yourself And as to your question, Im sure you were a ***** before surgery too (HA HA)
Laura A.
on 5/16/07 12:45 pm - Manteca, CA
.......there are days I think I have always been one!!!!! hahaha Laura A
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!