3 things we don't know about you.....

Laura A.
on 5/10/07 9:29 am - Manteca, CA
Something Stylz posted this morning inspired this post.... Tell us 3 things about yourself that we probably don't already know.... For myself, the 3 things are: 1. I gave birth in 3 different decades....2 in the 70s....2 in the 80s....1 in the 90s 2. I am lucky enough to have a very good job but do not have a college degree 3. I am one of a VERY few in my family that is not a school teacher or principal What are your 3 things??? Laura A.
~ Stylz ~
on 5/10/07 10:57 am - North of Boston, MA
great post Goozie (I still love the Goozie name, hope you dont mind)! I'm not sure what I said that inspired this, but I'm game for the post and I'll tell ya 3 more things about me 1. I try something new atleast once a week... Sometimes its reading a new book, a new food I've never tried, a different size shirt either in the closet or a store, a new walking path at lunch, new machine at the gym, different protein drink, etc. Life's too short to be routine 2. I was in law enforcement for 10 years (campus police officer; 5 patrol, 3 Sgt, 2 LT), pulled my back (probably more due to being overweight) when responding to a call and decided between that and the politics of working at a university I needed a job change. I now work in event and technology services, completly different kind of job (different college too) and I love it!! best part about it... no stress 3. I don't have kids, but have 5 God Children that I love to spoil and then send home! evil right?? I take them out, buy them things, give them lots of soda and candy before they go home.... yeah that kind of evil ;) but the LOVE their auntie for it can't wait to read everyones post, we've all become so close its great knowing about each other
Laura A.
on 5/10/07 1:11 pm - Manteca, CA
I didn't know you were ever in law enforcement!!! While you were a campus police officer did you make arrests....like at wild fraternity/sorority parties? You may have some interesting stories to tell.....
~ Stylz ~
on 5/10/07 1:55 pm - North of Boston, MA
yes, lots of interesting stories and events!! there were lots of arrests most for theft and assults. security took care of the frat parties (once the students realize they could lose their housing they kind of calmed down and we wouldnt have to respond), but when the red sox won the world series, we had 17 arrests! a group of students turned a car over, threw tvs out windows, set trash cans on fire, etc etc that was probably the worst night on campus! when i remember things like this it makes me say... yes, I made the right decision
~ Stylz ~
on 5/10/07 11:00 am - North of Boston, MA
thats pretty cool, birth in 3 different decades! I'm sure not a lot of people can say that
Rick A.
on 5/10/07 11:26 am - Far Northern, CA
Hello all, Hummm three things you don't know about me, let me think. 1. I became a grandfather for the first time when I was 34 years old. (I married a woman 12 years older then me with two daughters) 2. I have 6 brothers and my mother raised us for the most part by herself. (I'm so proud of her). 3. My wife and I are raising our 9 year old grandson (Nicholas). It is a challenge and a huge reward. It either makes us old or keeps us young. 4. Okay a bonus. I get paid to tell cops where to go. I have been a disptacher for almost 20 years. I love my job and it is different every day. Thanks for asking. Life is great, Rick
Laura A.
on 5/10/07 1:17 pm - Manteca, CA
So there were 7!!! boys in your family???? OMG, I can't imagine having that many boys. I am proud of your Mom too!!! I hope she has a wonderful Mother's Day this weekend..... It must be fun telling cops where to go......and actually have them do it too!!! hahaha
jannineh99
on 5/11/07 12:27 am - Melrose, MA
Lets see: 1. From 1979-1985 I marched in color guard...with St. Therese Color Guard in Everett, MA....we competed in the summer as drill team and in the winter...it was a very active time in my life... 2. I am a Christian...I belong to the Nazarene Church in Malden, MA.... 3. I am in the process of starting my own photography business so that I can work from home and be here for my children. Jannine 357/173/160 PS: bonus: I would love to go riding..it seems that every time I try to do it..something happens to prevent me from going...
Laura A.
on 5/11/07 2:14 am - Manteca, CA
How fun it must have been to be part of a drill team!!! How hard was it to "keep in step"? My oldest daughter was on the flag team of her HS marching band. I absolutely LOVED going to the band reviews and seeing all the kids perform. It was awesome....some of those routines were incredible!!! Maybe could be on the activity list for Mother's Day......
Tamara L.
on 5/11/07 11:45 pm - Winston-Salem, NC
You all are so very interesting! Cool post! Let's see...... 1. I am a Deacon's Kid and went to Gospel Light Christian School grades 2-12. I am steeped in morals--and have grown up with loving parents that have allowed me (for the most part!) to make my own decisions! The morals certainly guide me, but boy do I have to ask for forgiveness alot! 2. I love musicals and broadway plays. My favorite movies are 7 Brides for 7 Brothers and The Sound of Music. 3. I have been married for 17 years to my very best friend. We have not been blessed with having children--but I have a 5 year old niece who thinks I walk on water! And I think she's actually an angel on this earth in human form. My sister lets me be the Mommy anytime I feel the need! Tamara
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views