On Track Eating/Accountability

Laura A.
on 5/7/07 10:49 pm - Manteca, CA
In recent weeks there have been times I have struggled with the same old eating habits I had pre-op. Eating out of boredom, stress, emotions, mindlessly or who knows what. (at Stylz' suggestion....teeheehee) I would like to start doing a daily(?) post on staying on track with eating/portion control and accountability with why I'm eating. I hope there will be others who'll join me here.... Now, beacuse I knew we were going to start this daily thread, I did an exceptional job on my eating yesterday.... I was aware of everything I ate and it was of the right amount for me.....A protein shake, 3 meals and 1 planned snack. I did not snack between meals nor did I have any munchies after dinner. I took all my vitamin supplements and had a good amount of water. How is your eating going? How do you stay on track with your eating habits? Do you struggle with evening/late night munchies? What do you do? What's your trick to getting all your water in each day? Do you have trouble remembering your supplements? What can I do to help you with any of these questions? This inquiring mind wants to know.......and could use your help too!!! Laura A.
~ Stylz ~
on 5/8/07 2:07 am - North of Boston, MA
Love the thought of this post! I find myself wanting sweets more lately than anything and knowing they sell sugar free bulk candy at the mall doesn't make it any easier! I think I was really on track yesterday because I knew about the post too, but today even though I feel like I haven't eaten "bad" I can't say I've eaten what I should as of now... Drive to work - drinkable yogurt Breakfast - 5 peanutbutter balls Medium coconut iced coffee, x-lite, 3 splenda thats it so far... I think my biggest accountability needs to be coffee, I feel like I'm back where I was before surgery with caffeine and on top of that, dunkin donuts uses "light cream" instead of half and half.. Full of fat, but yet everytime I order, I know I should get milk instead, but still order cream... what gives?? another bad thing about coffee is it fills me up so I'm not really hungry for lunch, but yet my total protein for today so far is 20grams... that should be MUCH higher by now! Maybe I should switch to decaf then go from a medium to a small and then stop drinking it every day. I think I'd be fine with a cup every other day, but it seems like on work days its just a thing we do... walk to dunkins for a coffee..
Stephanie Smiles
on 5/8/07 10:59 pm - My Town, NH
Struggle is a good word for my state of mind these days. Not only am I struggling with what I put into my mouth, but I'm struggling with the knowledge that I will always and forever struggle in this area. (If that makes any sense at all.) It's difficult not feel a sense of despair that the battle will never end. I guess I thought that if I could conquer my weight issue, it would be over. While I've lost 140 pounds or so, it's not over...and it never will be. I hate that! I remember my supplements most of the time. I have less trouble at night than I do during the day. Some days it seems as if I am constantly wanting to eat. I try to drink 2-32 ounce Nalgene bottles of water while at work. That way I know I get in my 64 ounces and whatever else I drink at night is a bonus. On the weekends, it's much tougher. I eat 3 meals and 3 snacks each day. I'm getting between 1200 and 1500 calories per day. I'm exercising a lot, so I think that's a good level for me. I'm glad we are struggling together! Hugs, Stephanie
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 5/12/07 4:59 am
I keep on track with my daily food journal that I carry with me everywhere. If its not WLS friendly it doesn't get eaten. I also use fitday.com and post my link to the webpage on my state board to the daily Menu but this board calls it WDYET. Here is the link for my Fitday.com journal. I rely on both the paper copy and the online journal to keep me honest and not miscalculate anything. http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=MrsKaradas
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views