OT: Im so excited!!!!!!!

Darlene X
on 5/1/07 1:14 am - Maricopa, AZ
I have to share with someone!!!! I get to go home July 3rd!!!! I haven't been home to New Zealand since I came here 6 years ago. Hubby and I had a rough night/small fight last week. I got so very homesick... I have always been homesick, but it's so expensive to fly home. Anyway we made the decision that I should go home... Hubby wants to come but can't take time off work, and financially it would be better if only I went. I am soooo excited, but nervous too-- its going to be really weird seeing people I haven't seen in 6 years, and my Mum & Dad haven't seen me since I had WLS (Well except pictures). I get to meet my brothers wife, and their new baby. Im not looking forward to 20 or so hours of flying each way... and going from my 115F to freezing winter.... but I mis my family, and Im so pumped!!!!!!! I had to tell someone. Im a little stressed because I need to renew my passport into my married name, but I have faith everything will work out! Darlene
jomamma
on 5/1/07 7:56 am - Palmdale, CA
Im really happy for you. How long do you get to stay? I cant believe you have not been back once in SIX years. Does the family come and visit you at all??
Darlene X
on 5/2/07 12:16 am - Maricopa, AZ
JoAnn, Girl you need a new picture!!!!!!!!!!!! My parents came over for Christm,as with 2 of my little brothers 2 & 1/2 years ago... they plan on coming over for Christmas 2008 too.... so I have seen them once.... I have 1 litle brother who I haven't seen in the whole 6 years... he was 16 when I left, a kid... now he is married with a brand new baby... it will be most weird to see him!
jomamma
on 5/5/07 9:20 am - Palmdale, CA
Darlene, I have no idea how to do my picture. I want a new one posted but need someone(hint) to help me do it! Im done 128 pounds so I do look a little different!!
Rick A.
on 5/1/07 10:57 am - Far Northern, CA
Darlene, I am sooooo happy for you. It will be a long flight each way, but there is a lot less of you and you will be a lot more comfortable. It will be such a pleasant shock for your family to see the new thin you. I look forward to hearing about all of your adventures. Your surgery twin, Rick
Darlene X
on 5/2/07 12:21 am - Maricopa, AZ
Thanks Rick!!! Last time I flew internationally, I must have been about 280lbs, and EJ was at least 430lbs or so.... I was sooo greatful when they moved the 3rd person in our rown and gave us the whole 3 seats... it's embaressing to think they had to do that! Last time I flew back in June I was 250lbs.... so flying again now will be abother whole experience, Ive lost another 70lbs since then!
miminjoey
on 5/1/07 12:17 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
wooo hoo I am excited for you! 6 years is a long time not to see family I know after 3 I was sure ready to go see mine even if they do drive me crazy new sister-in-law and a new baby....wow you'll have a fabulouse time! I am so looking forward to a new passport...my old one I look like I have a bowling ball for a head...it was taken at my heaviest weight. keep us updated!!! Mimi
Darlene X
on 5/2/07 12:18 am - Maricopa, AZ
Yeah my existing passport photo is awful!!! I had pictures done Friday but found out the background color was wrong, so Im going back today to have them redone. For the first time though I actually liked the pictures done... I have a feeling I will like my passport a lot more this time!
Laura A.
on 5/2/07 3:05 am - Manteca, CA
How wonderful for you Darlene!!!! I am "old" and have never lived more than 30 miles away from where I grew up. My youngest sister lives the farthest away....2.5 hours!!! I cannot fathom being away from "home" for as long and as far as you..... How did you and EJ meet, marry and you come to live in the US? This mom is curious (nosey is probably more like it!! teeheehee). I will be thinking of you and how much fun you'll have on your trip. Best of everything!!! Laura A.
Darlene X
on 5/2/07 5:42 am - Maricopa, AZ
We met online in a chat room.. Im a "mail order" bride! hehehehe... After 3 months of phone calls and chatting he came to NZ and stayed for 3 months, then I returned with him to the USA and we got married another 3 months after that
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views